• Advertisement

Dumbo question about using site's email address

Discuss how you are making money. How do we optimize our actions and get the most out of what we are doing online information and action.

Postby Isha » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Here's the dumbo question: :? How can I write emails from an email address such as:
info@wellstreetmarket.co.uk
? I can't find anywhere that I can do that in wp-admin, and I don't see how I can do it from my gmail account or from my email client. Do we have to write such emails from our cPanel, or is there another way of doing it?

So far I've always replied to Contact Form messages from something like gmail :oops:
Isha

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dumbo question about using site's email address

Postby Sheryl Loch » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:54 am

Ok, log into your C-panel,
Look for EMAIL FORWARDER (near the top of the page),
Put in (ex) info@wellstreetmarket.co.uk,
Forward to your Gmail address,
This should forward to your gmail and then from your gmail you can send out and choose which email your sending from.

In the attachment below, you can see in Brads gmail that he is sending from a different domain account. On the far right of the "Send address" box, there is an arrow that is a dropdown box with all addresses to chose from.

I tried to take a snap with the dropdown box open but every time I clicked off it closed.

Also, you will not see the dropdown and other address options until you have had incoming mail to that address. You can either go to a different account and mail to the info@wellstreetmarket.co.uk (ex) or yell at me I will will mail so, you can see it get forwarded and then you can test sending out from the domain address.

I would also suggest that once you forward you then set up a new folder in gmail so all the mail from that address gets separated and easier to keep track of.
gmail mutiple accounts 475.png

PS. Don't think it was a dumbo question...I had to ask Brad how to do it. LOL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sheryl Loch

Postby Isha » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks for your reply Sheryl which I saw awhile ago but had no chance to respond since I've been doing my Tax Return!! :P

That's now done :geek:

I see lots of super things in cPanel to do with & about email - you might like to nosy around a cPanel yourself because the possibilites look fun. I use hostgator for hosting and they do fabulous easy video tutorials for everything - I'll be enjoying myself this evening :lol:

Brad is a truly generous man. As so are you. A woman I mean :o
Isha

Postby Isha » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

OMG - creating the email addresses was so easy!! You can create a new email address and the "forward to" address all at once in just 2 little boxes next to each other. And you can have them forwarded to more than one address, too. I'm now going to create bundles of email address, just because I can :D

Now to see if I'm able to reply to one of them from Gmail... :P

UPDATE: Yes, I can, and I did. Thanks Sheryl and Brad :)
Isha

Return to Marketing Topics