• Advertisement
stuffed animals

G'Day Mates, From Down Under

*~*~* You Must Introduce Yourself!
Stop being a lurker, this forum is for you to introduce yourself, and your life to everyone. Please take your time read the Announcement. You are more than encouraged to expose yourself!

Postby Sire » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Well, what can I say? I'm an Aussie father of two grown kids, one, Frank, who will be 21 this year and the other, Nadia, who is 17. I've been blogging for pretty well 4 years now and have dabbled on the Internet for a bit longer. Before the Internet I ran Prestige BBS, an online Bulletin board which I loved, but the Internet pretty well killed it. Not to worry as you have to keep up with the times.

I've learned to love blogging, which you can probably tell by my signature. I love to read books, watch a good movie and play chess. I hope to learn a fair bit from you guys, and while I've been a member for awhile I haven't been 'lurking' as I haven't had the time, because apart from all my online activity I also run a wholesale business.

I reckon that will do for now. :)
Sire

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: G'Day Mates, From Down Under

Postby Brad West » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Sire Welcome,

I do understand time constraints, but I'm glad that you made it back. I have been wanting to get back to your sites a few times, glad to have the links handy now, cool! Speaking of time constraints don't forget to plug them into the Blog Co-Op and put some legs on your stuff we are getting more reach everyday, we seem to just keep building our end. Also if you have particular stuff in your archives bring them back out and submit them. Deep Link and re index. Keep your stuff alive, save a little time.

Your kids are a great age to be real independent, I hope they are looking at online ventures as a viable means of at least supplemental income. Always excited to see kids get involved online.

Is your wholesale business brick and mortar? And tell us what you wholesale.

Make yourself at home
Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:47 pm

I've tried to get my kids interested in online ventures but haven't had much luck to date, even though they see, through my efforts, that it is possible to make money online. As for the wholesale business, I deliver dairy products to delis, snack bars, cafes and the local supermarkets. It's had its ups and downs but overall it has been a consistent provider for the family.
Sire

Postby Brad West » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:33 pm

I work part time in the dairy deli department in a supermarket here inn Las Vegas. only been in the business for 2 1/2 years Not one I would recommend to most people with any drive. Our local dairy vendor seems to do alright.

As far as your kids and internet are concerned the internet connection could be made with something as simple as knowing what they love or love to do and sharing it with the world. Hell they get enough traffic and companies will come to them and ask to advertise on their sites. The best of both worlds doing something you love is the best.

Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:02 pm

Reckon my kids aren't into it as much as Cait is. Nadia is more into Facebook and stuff and Frank disliked anything that requires putting pen to paper, so to speak. Still who knows what the future as in store for them, they may still change their minds.

Your dairy vendor probably does alright because it's his business and the drive to succeed is there. I've been doing this for over twenty years and I'm a bit bored with it all. What makes it worse is the industry doesn't reward those who excel, like it used to, which is a real downer, especially when you do all the right things and get ignored and those who don't get preferential treatment.
Sire

Postby Brad West » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:10 pm

So what you are saying basically is just like us, some how some way there has to be a point where the internet is going to pay off.

In the last year we have grown massively in ways that would really take some time to go through. After we dropped basically everyone we hung with and prepared for a rebirth so to speak we did the thirty day challenge with Ed Dale last August. The basics if the thirty day challenge are great, if you take the basics and apply them to you and what you are doing it's amazing. The problem I see is people take what is said so word for word as gospel that they get stuck. We are all individuals and need to see beyond the box we sit in and apply to what we are doing to suit our needs.

For example I know they will be building new blogs. I 'm not sure but you may not need another blog right now. LOL! Last year they used Flock for a browser We didn't we stuck with FireFox. You know what I mean anyway. We are looking to form a Thirty Day Challenge group again this year. But what we are looking for is to form a core group that will stick together through the whole year. This is for many reasons and the number one would be Success!

Pre Season has started
Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Although I was referring to my 'real life' business I agree that if one perseveres with their internet life, trying different tactics in such, then it's only a matter of time before it pays off. Whether it pays off in such a way that they can leave their normal job is a different matter.
Sire

Postby Brad West » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Sire wrote:Although I was referring to my 'real life' business I agree that if one perseveres with their internet life, trying different tactics in such, then it's only a matter of time before it pays off. Whether it pays off in such a way that they can leave their normal job is a different matter.

Never were truer words spoken. I am banking in determination right now. I have a couple weeks to heal from surgery, And dammit if I can't get a handle on it all by then.
Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brian Hawkins » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi Sire, nice to see you on my favorite forum. I'm going to send you a friend request.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Thanks mate, good to be here.
Sire

Next

Return to Personal Intro