Blocked Your Domain?

Post a rant that you have written about. People always like a controversy or strong opinion to ether agree or argue about.
Forum rules
How the Blog Co-op Works! HERE
To post your whole blog use this section.Blog Sites
The General Board Rules apply as always and can be found HERE

Blocked Your Domain?

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat May 02, 2009 12:05 am

I got a little tired of spam the other day. I have been battle the same spam for awhile and was tired!

You might say I had a bit of a fit. I MAY have said a few bad words when screaming at the comments that had been left on my blog.

I figured that I should get some help from someone before I had a real conniption.

I turned to Twitter and had 4 Tweeple come to my rescue. They had the answer to my problem. With in minutes - I was putting up my blog defenses against 1 EVIL URL.

Go ahead over an see what I did - It's Not You, It's Your Domain

Sorry if I blocked your domain name but, I had to break the cycle of spam.

Sheryl Loch
Sheryl Loch

Blocked Your Domain?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Blocked Your Domain?

Postby KarenKramer » Sat May 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Use Akismet or a good Spam blocker program for your blog.. We get hundreds per day on the Parenting Blog but that's to the Akismet Wordpress plugin, I never have to deal with them.
From the Weird and
Slightly Quirky Mind of
Karen Kramer
KarenKramer

Re: Blocked Your Domain?

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat May 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Hey Karen,
I do have Akismet & it does catch most of it but, I had left one of the Free Blog Domains off the list until I was fed up.

I found out that lots of people get adult spam from the same domain so, I said - BAM - Blocked! I feel bad for people that use the site and have nice blogs, now they can not use their url in my comment section.

Now that I put on the Spam list, I have not had a single scumbag comment. I still get some of the 'See what I sell' spam comments but, at least I am not afraid of loosing my lunch. LOL!
Sheryl Loch

Return to Rants