Joining Google’s PageRank N/A Club

If you have a blog post that does not fit in any other category place it here.
Forum rules
How the Blog Co-op Works! HERE
To post your whole blog use this section.Blog Sites
The General Board Rules apply as always and can be found HERE

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:40 pm

While my main index page was able to retain it's google page rank this toolbar update, my other pages went to a n/a status. Now it's time to get some rank back on the table.

[center]Joining Google’s PageRank N/A Club[/center]
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Joining Google’s PageRank N/A Club

Postby Brad West » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 pm

There are solutions to this n/a pr issue Sheryl is working on getting some information so we can try to map out a viable workable plan. I know that PR is mainly an indicator to visually see what Google thinks of your site. In the eyes of many it is worth something as a status symbol of sorts. SEO value may not be huge but to people that stop by our sites it is huge.

There has to be a way to power post some of the content easier. I have been looking for a product to produce why not pick a real hard one.LOL
So I guess my goal is to figure this out, a nice goal of 6 posts of unique content a day on each site is a great goal I think. Out sourcing is possible I just haven't found any one capable of writing yet.

To get this site back up with indexed pages so it has power and value will take a bit of doing.

If I do this resurrecting of this site I will need some new members. I am thinking of putting together a package with hosting, Android 3 should be in beta to test soon. Not sure of all the improvements yet. and some beginner site and internet training to get people going.

I am up for suggestions to add.

It is in the thought stage now
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brian Hawkins » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:35 am

I'm the last one that should be giving advice because I'm in the same boat. I know the co-op needs links and traffic. Do you have some banners setup for blogs? The most popular for blogs is 125x125 I think. I used re-sized the one used on the forum but a few options for others might get a few links.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Brad West » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:07 am

We all need links! LOL!

Re doing the banner section is on the list, I also want to include some smaller badges they seem to be coming back probably because they are less intrusive. I'm not so much worried about the main site the information there we are contently grabbing links and sharing because allot of the information that is posted are relevant to common everyday questions we run across in our travels.

What the concern is that I haven't been clear enough about the Blog Co-Op in my explanations. Anything posted needs links coming in to it. Just like when you build a push page on Squidoo, Weebly or any other site the site you have built to lead traffic to your site needs links to be worth more to your site, simualr senario to this post on Linking to Links. What I need to do is create a PDF to download explaining all this in one place, step by step and reveal the value and the most effective way to use of the Blog Co-Op.

I feel proper communication is where I have failed with this.
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:22 pm

I didn't even bother checking the PR of my pages. I'm not all that fussed about their PR.

Sorry about the downgrade Brad. I've put you on Wassup's blogroll so maybe that will help you out the next time Google waves it's magic wand.
Sire

Postby theflyonthewall » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Well the Google Page rank was kind to me and bumped me from a 1 to a 2. Woo Hoo! Now honestly I think that is probably more of this Blog Co-op's doing and all the love everyone here has given me. So with that knowledge I have vowed to add at least one of my posts in the Co-op a day. My taxes are done and the kids are in and I feel like I can breath now.

So gonna try to help the best I can. :oops:

Thanks Everyone!

Tootles to ya all.
theflyonthewall

Return to Misc