Building your sig-line

Here you may ask questions or find answers about the actual workings of the site. If you ask your questions here it may help others that may not have even thought of the question. So by getting help yourself you maybe helping others, there are no stupid questions.

Building your sig-line

Postby Brad West » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:16 pm

Never forget your secret advertiser wherever you go, Learn to build your sig-line here!

Never forget your sig-line where ever you go! Every time you you need a sig-line leading people to what you do.

This is your secret advertiser, no need to spam or talk about your business. just talk about what you know and love. Your business always follows you! Give great info and people will stop and look! Network and get to know people as people not projects!

Now for the sig-line.

First go into your User Control Panel, on this board it is located on the top right hand side of the page. Go into your control panel an click on profile located on the left hand side.

[center]Image[/center]

Once you do that there will be another box that appears in its place, click on signature. this will open up your signature editor.
[center]Image[/center]

If you put your link in the editor, highlight your link, now go to the top control panel and click on the URL button. doing this you will have a raw link show up in your sig-line. Just the way it looks in the editor without the commands showing.
[center]Image[/center]

To cover your link, after you get your commands around your link you need to move a bracket from the front command and add an equals sign between the url and your link, no spaces. You will now have two brackets back to back after your link. In between those brackets you need to add the text you want to show in your sig-line.
[center]Image[/center]

You can add a bit of plain text above your covered link to describe your site or intent.
[center]Image[/center]

Under my links I personally liked the think guy so I went up to the control panel and clicked on the think button. In between the back to back brackets I placed the text I wanted to show.

Property of: Marketers Union .com
Brad West ~ onomoney

Play with your sig-line
Use the preview next to the submit button to view your changes.
Spend some time making an attractive signature.
You want to be noticed but not obnoxious!!
Have fun with it!  
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Building your sig-line

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Building your sig-line

Postby Brad West » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:20 pm

Forum Signatures and posts build one way back links .

When posting there are several ways to build back-links, also keep in mind that you should be using keywords when possible.

Let’s, address an effective simple and free way to get a back link as well as free traffic in the Forum Signature Tags and post content.

Most forums do get indexed in the search engines create individual pages per thread. Your hyper linked signature tag in most forums is now a back-link. There are some boards that the search engines won’t pick up your sig-line, but that is Ok, allot of the time your post will run on the top of searches because of the content and keywords in your post. Also remember to sign your real name and or username on the post, and always use the same username if all possible when starting out.

If you are a member of any forums that is fantastic, we at one time belonged to a couple hundred ourselves. They are usually very informative, helpful, and fun, yes you can actually have fun while you work. The things we get passionate about that are off topic from work are usually the threads that get the attention. It seems a little strange, but the more we put the programs in the back ground and interact with people the more success we have had.

Forums allow individuals to build trust and familiarity that is normally not present on most sites. As trust and interest grows, people will click on your signature tag to see what you do.

Post what you know,love and find.
you will produce a much bigger array
of keywords with little effort.  

Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Re: Building your sig-line

Postby Brad West » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:54 pm

If you didn't get it the first time I will try it again here.
A little more about building your sig-line in BBcode.

http://www.yourwebsite.com

There are a couple reasons you really don't want a raw link out in the open like this. Besides covering it so it looks like you know what your doing and professional. When you cover your link with keywords it gives the spiders something more to index.

Make the cover for your link in ten words or less.

I will use three words
My Favorite Program

My site url is
http://www.yourwebsite.com

in the editor on this site you can do most of this by highlighting and clicking buttons. But I will show you what the code looks like so you can actually build one by hand.

First you need your url followed by your text like this
http://www.yourwebsite.comMy Favorite Program

Highlight the whole thing and click on the URL tab on the editor you will get this.
Code: Select all
[url]http://www.yourwebsite.comMy Favorite Program[/url]

Now you need to fix a couple things the way it is right now will make the whole thing a url.
You need to replace the ] bracket on the {url} in the beginning of the sig-line and replace it with =.
Like this
[url=http://www.yourwebsite.comMy Favorite Program[/url]

Now the ] bracket you just replaced with the= put between your url and text.
Like this
[url=http://www.yourwebsite.com]My Favorite Program[/url]

Now you are good to go.
My Favorite Program

If you want to get fancy with your text such as changing the font color put the commands around the text only. Highlight your text and click the color tab.
Like this
[url=http://www.yourwebsite.com][color=#FF4000]My Favorite Program[/color][/url]

If you want to do that rainbow test stuff you better get a hold of Cait Hagar, she knows about that real fancy stuff better than I.

Remember:
Your Product line description in less than 10 words
Each post that you make in a forum is now a back link to your site. Remember not to spam and that your behavior in a forum can be extremely profitable or detrimental based on your attitude. Don't act in desperation.

When posting in a forum or social sites, remember that you are in a public area, but it is actually their home also. If you are helpful, courteous, friendly, kind, and post intelligently and responsibly you will get traffic from people clicking on your signature tag besides the back-link.

html sig-lines are commonly used on social sites.
I will post a little something to show you
how to do that next.  

Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Return to Questions