Third Party Content Slowing You Down?

Any of your blog post that have to do with building a website, code, graphics, flash... Can be placed here.
Forum rules
How the Blog Co-op Works! HERE
To post your whole blog use this section.Blog Sites
The General Board Rules apply as always and can be found HERE

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Ever watch your site slow to a crawl when loading just to notice that it is third party content trying to load? We bloggers love to add third party banners, scripts, widgets, advertising and other content on our blogs for various reasons. Some of us get carried away with all of those extras and prevent those with slower connections from gaining access to our site. Third Party Content Slowing You Down?
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Third Party Content Slowing You Down?

Postby onnaholl » Fri May 08, 2009 7:28 am

I have just started to notice this on my blog! I will have to check out your post!
Have Children? Need Activities, craft or advice? Come Over To Toddler Craft

Want to make extra money online for free? Making Money Quick Blog
onnaholl

Postby Brad West » Fri May 08, 2009 7:39 pm

I know on the board here I have Enabled the GZip compression, the generated content is compressed prior to sending it to the user. This can reduce network traffic but will also increase CPU usage on both server and client side.

So there is good and bad with the Gzip scenario, I do have a forum thread that I bookmarked just for this situation.

I will take a peek at the cpanel and see what can be done there to accommodate the third party slow downs on blogs. I do know there is a fix to speed things up somewhere.

Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brad West » Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Ok I'm back with some news anyway,

As far as the database that would not be where my expertise would come in. My suggestion there is to hire a DBA (Data Base Administrator) to tweak your data base.

Word press I have found some info on and it seems to be common solutions nothing out of the ordinary. Things like format all your photos in jpg, unplug plugging not in use, stuff like that. Here is a post with 20 tips if you like nothing to write home about yet though.

Here is about 5 more tips on Digitizor that are some of the same. I'm sure taking note and implementing some of this if you can will help.

I am still looking for a Gzip situation that can be implemented in the cpanel there has to be something. I am lucky with the forum here because there is documentation and stuff built into the script to address this slow load situation. One big thing I could and will have to eventually do is get rid of the background image, even though it is a jpg image it is huge.

Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Return to Site Building