Uncle Jimmy

If you have blog post about family please place it here.
Forum rules
How the Blog Co-op Works! HERE
To post your whole blog use this section.Blog Sites
The General Board Rules apply as always and can be found HERE

Uncle Jimmy

Postby theflyonthewall » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:54 pm

Okay so this really isn't a post but a beautiful picture. What woman doesn't love a pic of a man holding a baby.

Now this is special because well it's my hubby holding his little nephew. Uncle Jimmy and Baby Michael

What makes this special you ask? Well this baby was a little blessing for our grieving family. Here's a little snippet of how it came about. My husband lost his brother 2 years ago to a freak 1 car accident, he was only 30+. Jimmy, my hubby is the oldest and we have one daughter who is 23. His middle sister Dana did not have any children at the time of the accident and wasn't sure she really wanted children. Steven was our baby brother and had no children either. So the parents have one granddaughter who is grown and didn't think they would ever get another.

So surprise when my 41 year old Sister-in-law decided to have a baby. She named him after her brother and his best friend who both lost their lives at an early age. We call him Michael but his official name is Steven Michael. Michael has brought joy into the lives of a grieving family and I hope in time shall heal the deep wounds of sadness. So bless baby Michael and my SIL who has made me Auntie TaTa.
theflyonthewall

Uncle Jimmy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Uncle Jimmy

Postby Brad West » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:26 pm

It's really incredible how every time there seems to be tragedy there is something great that springs up. In the face of adversity of any kind the rewards are strength and rebirth. Someway some how as our lives go on the challenges we endure are well rewarded through a positive outlook and faith. It is sad that most people miss or let slide by unnoticed the abundant rewards that are presented to us because of their focus on negativity.

So lest all take notice this blessing of Steven Michael and celebrate!
Congratulations Auntie TaTa!
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Re: Uncle Jimmy

Postby theflyonthewall » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Thanks Brad! I try to keep my life as positive as I can. I understand death is not positive and is heartbreaking and sad but it is called life and we keep living the best way we know how. I do still miss Steve, he was a great guy and he has a special place in my heart for many reasons but one is when we eloped to Vegas to get married we did not tell anyone in our family except Steve and he drove us to the airport then told his parents where we went. He was happy for us and understood why we did it that way. Needless to say his parents where not too pleased but getting married was about us not them and that's all that mattered to us. Would we do it again that way, your DAMN right! In a heartbeat.

Anyhoo, Steve was the closet person to me that has died so far. I wasn't close to my grandparents so it didn't feel the same and I still have my immediate family. I don't know if that makes a difference when trying to move on with life but I am sure I will find out one day.

Until then, I will enjoy life the best I can and love the best I can and pray that Steve is in a better place.
theflyonthewall

Return to Family