Nevada CPS Complaint Letter

If you have blog post about family please place it here.
Forum rules
How the Blog Co-op Works! HERE
To post your whole blog use this section.Blog Sites
The General Board Rules apply as always and can be found HERE

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:07 am

I have posted a copy of the letter I sent to Nevada Elected officials about getting 3 CPS workers investigated for what I believe is violating my Civil Rights, neglecting to follow Nevada State laws and manipulating the system and the families involved. CPS Complaint Letter Sent to Nevada Officials

I sent this letter to the following officials. (I also sent a copy to the CPS caseworker, the facility involved, the facilities corporate office and their accreditation)

District 20 Assembly - R
Cresent Hardy
P.O. Box 601
Mesquite, NV 89024-0601

District 23 Assembly – R
Melissa Woodbury
9500 West Flamingo Road, Suite 203
Las Vegas, Nevada 89147-5721

District 20 Senate – R
Joseph Hardy
P.O. Box 60306
Boulder City, Nevada 89006-0306

Governor – R
Brian Sandoval
State Capitol,
Nevada 89701

Representative District 3 – R
Joe Heck
8485 West Sunset Road, Suite 300
Las Vegas, Nevada 89113

Senator Nevada – R
Dean Heller
361-A Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Harry Reid
600 East William St, #304
Carson City, NV 89701
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

CPS Complaint Letter Sent to Nevada Officials

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:49 pm

I recently had cause to be involved with Nevada Department of Children and Family Service (and or Child Protective Services). The way the caseworker and 2 supervisors handled the case was beyond my belief. I never would have thought that CPS or DCFS would have dealt with any family the way they did mine.

Since I could not afford an attorney to help me, I decided to do the only thing I could. I sent the letter below to my Nevada Elected Officials. They in turn helped my letter of complaint about CPS get to the right agency that would handle it.

To place this letter on the web, I have taken out my address and phone number along with the names of the CPS workers, the facility involved and the details of the foster home incident.

As you can see, I did not list details of why I have the complaint. I knew that the elected officials would not want to read my full complaint and I just needed them to give it to the right people (Systems Advocate Unit).

I hope this letter helps you if you are or have been a victim of CPS in any state.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheryl Loch
Address
Phone Number

Dear ,
I am writing you this letter respectfully requesting that you look into the conduct of 3 Nevada Division of Child and Family Services employees for failure to follow CPS protocol, breaking Nevada State law and ignoring my Civil Rights. There is no state agency that oversees DCFS employees therefore parents have no one to turn to when they are being abused and their civil rights are being neglected by DCFS. Without the finances to hire an attorney, I have decided to ask you for help in finding a way to make sure that this agency doesn't destroy another Nevada family.

The 3 Nevada DCFS employees are:

Joan Calabrese, MSW, LSW Social Worker 1, Nye County
Michael Cason, Nye County/ Reno Office Manager, Supervisor for Joan Calabrese
Pete Rubio, Fallon, Nevada DCFS, Supervisor for Joan Calabrese

Also included in my complaint is:

Name, City and State of Facility my child was sent to - for denying me my Civil Rights and alienating my child while collecting Nevada State Funds, I do not believe they had proper paperwork to do any of this.

Possible abuse while in foster home listed - Nevada DCFS forced my child into this home when other alternatives where available.

I would be open to talk to someone in your office to give more details or answer questions about their conduct as I have documented the events of this case.

Allowing these employees and the Nevada DCFS Agency to manipulate and abuse innocent families while collecting state and federal funds should not be tolerated. To allow foster families and corporate facilities to profit from Nevada State funds while harming children and families should also not be tolerated.

This is a problem that is not going to go away until someone holds these employees, the entire DCFS agency and any others (persons, companies or facilities) accountable to the standards of Nevada State Laws and the Federal Laws that guarantee our civil rights.

I, like many other victims of DCFS are in fear of retaliation from this agency and others involved in the process. From my experience with them, it is a very real fear, yet I have to take that chance with the hope that you will not allow your constituents to be victimized by these employees, the DCFS agency or their associates any longer.

I feel that low income families are especially vulnerable to abuse and threats by DCFS as we cannot afford attorneys to help us understand our rights or up hold the DCFS agency to follow the State and Federal laws as laid out.

Thank you for your time and the actions you take to protect the families of Nevada from being ripped apart and abused by these employees and any others who are involved in such conduct. I will continue to tell the events of my case to others to bring awareness of the Nevada DCFS system. I will also encourage other families who have been or are currently being victimized by DCFS to write letters to their elected officials and anyone else who will listen. Without awareness and action, the system will continue as is and families will suffer.

(Originally posted on my blog 09/22/12)
Sheryl Loch

Ask for Complaint Forms for Nevada CPS

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Ask for Complaint Forms for Nevada CPS

As of December 17, 2012 I have not hear from the Systems Advocate of Nevada Department of Children and Family Services about the letter asking for help to have 3 Nevada CPS employee's investigated regarding their involvement with my case. Therefore, I sent another letter. This time I was to the point. Maybe I was not clear enough in the 1st one (You can see that letter at CPS Complaint Letter Sent to Nevada Officials.

The letter I sent on December 17, 2012 is as follows…

Please send me all forms and information needed to file a complaint with your office (Systems Advocate Unit) against;

Joan Calabrese, MSW, LSW Social Worker 1, Nye County
Michael Cason, Nye County/ Reno Office Manager, Supervisor for Joan Calabrese
Pete Rubio, Fallon, Nevada DCFS, Supervisor for Joan Calabrese

Thank you,
Sheryl Loch

The letter was addressed to…
Systems Advocate Unit – Chrystal C. Main
Division of Child and Family Services
4126 Technology Way 3rd Floor
Carson City, NV 89706
(775) 684-4453
http://www.dcfs.state.nv.us/DCFS_SystemsAdvocate.htm

I am waiting to hear from them.

I sent the 1st letter to the following Nevada elected officials…
District 20 Assembly – R - Cresent Hardy
District 23 Assembly – R - Melissa Woodbury
District 20 Senate – R - Joseph Hardy
Governor – R - Brian Sandoval
Representative District 3 – R - Joe Heck
Senator Nevada – R - Dean Heller
Senator Nevada – D - Harry Reid

I received a call from the office of Senator Dean Heller informing me that they had received my letter and it needed to be sent to the Governors' office so it could get to the correct department.

I also received a letter from Senator Harry Reid's office saying they had forwarded my letter to, Nevada Division of Child and Family Services in Carson City (which is the same office that the Governors' office would send my letter and the address listed above).

None of the other elected official I sent the letter to responded in any way.

I just have to wait and see when/if I will get a response this time. If not then I will just keep sending letters to people until someone listens.

(Originally Posted on my personal blog on 12/22/12)
Sheryl Loch

Return to Family