"Team" What Do You Think?

Image Image

Opportunity dances with those on the dance floor.
The Power of Bloggers Linking Together!
Click on an individual topic below and go directly to that Topic Thread

Forum rules
How the Blog Co-op Works! HERE
To post your whole blog use this section.Blog Sites
The General Board Rules apply as always and can be found HERE
Feel free to contact by PM anyone that you would like to Guest post on their site, or have Guest post on your site. Don't forget good comments are still links.

Do you think an organized team is worth while?

Yes, I would love commit to a great team and work hard with like minded people that care!
56%
Yes, but I can only commit a couple hours a week.
44%
Yes, I would love to commit an hour a day.
No votes
Yes, I would love to commit a couple hours a day.
No votes
Yes, I would love to let others do all the work so I can watch more TV.
No votes
No, I believe doing my own thing is most productive for me.
No votes
No, I don't think anyone can do what I do as well as me.
No votes
No, I just think teamwork is overrated and a waste of time.
No votes

Total votes : 9

Postby Brad West » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:57 pm

This is a Global post to all Forums
No I don't think you can interact in the Rules forum
Thanks FlyOnTheWall for the heads up!

Who thinks that a team effort is worth their time and effort?

Who is actually willing to commit to a team effort?

I left this thread wide open for a couple reasons,

One is if you voted Yes, you must feel like that you need some help a specific area.
Two on the other hand there must be strengths you have to offer to help others.

Make a statement about areas you are good at and enjoy.

Then make a statement about areas that are a challenge to you.

Nobody does everything great, the most effective way to really accomplish great is, do what you do well and love and let someone that is great at what you have challenges with.

Lets figure this out there are many viable solutions. We just need to know the challenges to solve them and strengths to utilize them.

I have been preaching team for a number of years now and this year is the year that will prove that I was right. I have had a couple offers to drop what I had and join other teams. But I couldn't, I believe too much in what we are doing here.

1) Index drivers, we have some. Do you have an Idea for a new one?
    2) Back linking, do you get enough?
    3) Writing articles do you need more?
    4) What else do you need to succeed?

Comment below!
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: "Team" What Do You Think?

Postby Brad West » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:00 pm

Yes that was me testing out the poll to see if it was working.
Yes I am committed totally to help others because I know the results and rewards are huge.
Yes I am committed to you!
How may I help you?
Self Management Never Say No

I also had to add this awesome Video with Will Smith

Brad West
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby davefullme » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi Brad,

No I sure don't think I know enough to do it on my own.

I need help setting up an blog and then getting it indexed.

I think I should switch to an easier, quicker to use HTML editor

And I need to learn how to advertise to get more leads into my biz.

Dave
davefullme

Postby Brad West » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Dave your needs are common and very attainable.
If you need a blog that is not a problem I can and will set one up for you when ever you are ready.
Lets get together on this soon.

As far as getting your site indexed and cashed, this will take a little work but is very attainable.

Lets get together as soon as you can on SKYPE and map out a detailed plan.

Advertising and leads are something that we need to discuss as a group, We have some things we are almost to the point of beta testing we will share. SEO for traffic takes some knowledge and lots of focus and a little time.

There is so much stuff out there available to choose from, choosing or developing a system as a group to implement and act on is not only smart it is what the people with real internet success have been doing for some time now.

There are somethings we are doing and will continue to do that are working very well. By including people in what we are doing it not only benefits them but makes our system more powerful for everyone involved.

One example is posting in the Blog Co-Op. The last site I built Ultimate Success 4U I wrote three articles, linked to an index driver on the subject, posted in the Blog Co-Op and I think I made a post on my Weebly site It took about 2 or 3 weeks and now has a PR2 with 1000 links.

This is just an example I already had power from my index driver. Very attainable with a bit of love everyday!

Lets talk and get you a site Dave
Brad
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brian Hawkins » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:44 am

Hi Brad, I voted 'Yes, but I can only commit a couple hours a week' but I'm going to qualify it a little if it's ok. I would need to know the details of the commitment. Or is it just a question in general? I apologize if I missed a previous thread that leads to the poll, I'm running behind as usual.

Time is at a premium for all of us and even though 2 hours seems like a very low commitment I find myself not even posting to my main blog for a week at a time. I have determined that there IS enough time, it's just moving too fast :)

I think an organized team is a great idea if every team member has the same focus, priorities and goals. That's a tall order since we all approach and view things differently by nature. That's a good thing, that's how we learn from each other but it also makes consistency difficult.

With all that said, your examples of index drivers, back linking, writing articles are popular tasks that many of us will be interested in. To discuss and learn more about techniques and ideas is a very important part of growing as a group and individual.

Personally, I've found myself unable to keep up with even the smallest tasks lately and I believe I'm missing out on the important things (online). I'm working on freeing up more time by re-evaluating all of my projects. Hopefully, this will allow more time for forums, blogging, guest posting, site building, coaching or where ever I need to apply more time. The Guild, new topics, discussions and members, is exactly the kind of thing I've been missing out on, but I'm working on it.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Brad West » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 pm

I do understand where you are coming from Brian.

This is the plan that I have in mind when we get a few people committed to team work we will make an assessment of who does what, or likes to do what best.

Second is to make an assessment of projects people are working on and needs for each project.

Third see what can be grouped together from the projects to expedite getting work accomplished.

Example: Say I like the back linking part and I understand how to do it and am dam good at it. There are 5 of us in the group with 2 sites each, 7 different subjects because some of us are working in the same niche. I go out and get 2 links to each site every other day, maybe 1 link to each site every other day. Because I know it takes allot of time to find good links. Remember 1 PR5 Follow link is worth more than 100 ~ 0 or n/a links.

Anyway someone else likes to write about stuff, so they can feed the index drivers useing Google reader and Scribe fire it is real easy and pretty fast.

The list goes on, but we must make a list first.

I would also once I find a good one like to hire some out sourcing. Each person has a couple articles they want per week or something we hire someone to produce content on a monthly schedule. As a group it shouldn't be too much outlay. Also if you had 8 articles ahead to review and post while the next 8 were getting produced that would be cool.

It is a fact that you can accomplish more doing something you like than fighting with something you don't.

The Idea here is to accomplish more by working less freeing up time. There are only 86,400 seconds in a day they tick away pretty fast.

I personally want my time to be used for creative stuff.

I also would like thoughts form everyone else, that is what a team is about!
Brad
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby theflyonthewall » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:12 pm

Man all I know is Brad you know your stuff and hell I am happy to work with you & Sheryl & of course your daughter. I don't know what my strengths are but maybe you can help me figure that out :) Like everyone mentions, time is precious but if I can accomplish some things with a better utilization of my time I am all for it! And I do enjoy helping others when I am doing something I am good at and I've been going this alone for FAR TOO LONG!

And from what I have read you little team of "3", your fam, you guys/gals are accomplishing quite a bit and so a bigger team will be even better. I just "need" a team :oops:

Thanks for all your help so far and I hopefully can share some down the road too.....

Tootles!
theflyonthewall

Postby Brad West » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi Tam,

I'm sure you have something that you can contribute everybody has something with a doubt.

Two questions:
What do you like to do the best when it comes to your site?
What do you like to do the least when it comes to your site?

what gets done, What gets neglected, I guess is another way to look at it.

I defiantly see that great communication is always going to be a must right away, Everyone Get their Skype together So we can hash this out!
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brad West » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:32 pm

The first order of business with our little group is to tend to our sites and make sure they are healthy and strong.

Didn't know what tool you are using we use the seobook toolbar.

Check your pages and make sure they are cached with in the last two weeks is great, with in the last month they may need a link or two.

If you find a page that is not cached this is a pretty easy fix. Go in and edit the title a little and add some new text to the top portion of your post. and ping with pingler.

As you are working your way through your posts checking the cache dates take every post and submit it into the blog Co-Op if you have a subject that needs a new category because the available ones don't fit contact me and I will add one. Keep this in mind you are submitting your work under a title that directly relates to your post, kind of like a keyword. We defiantly have the bots here to keep your work alive.

This is a start
We are here to help you in any way you need.

Remember that old archived posts that aren't cashed are still worth allot, liven them up and link them in the Blog Co-Op.
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby theflyonthewall » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:01 pm

Okee Dokee. The other day I was going through every post to check the cache and got slapped and wouldn't let me look up any more saying it looked like I was trying to cheat the system or something like that. Hmmm, didn't know you could cheat the system just checking cache so will do a few at a time and submit them to the blog co-op as I go :)

Yep, I am using the SEO Book, installed it while we talked that day......

So I will keep prettying up my site and doing what I gotta do for SEO and posting, thanks for the tips and tricks.

Tam
PS should I go from old to new or does it really matter?
theflyonthewall

Next

Return to Blog Co-op