"Team" What Do You Think?

Image Image

Opportunity dances with those on the dance floor.
The Power of Bloggers Linking Together!
Click on an individual topic below and go directly to that Topic Thread

Forum rules
How the Blog Co-op Works! HERE
To post your whole blog use this section.Blog Sites
The General Board Rules apply as always and can be found HERE
Feel free to contact by PM anyone that you would like to Guest post on their site, or have Guest post on your site. Don't forget good comments are still links.

Do you think an organized team is worth while?

Yes, I would love commit to a great team and work hard with like minded people that care!
56%
Yes, but I can only commit a couple hours a week.
44%
Yes, I would love to commit an hour a day.
No votes
Yes, I would love to commit a couple hours a day.
No votes
Yes, I would love to let others do all the work so I can watch more TV.
No votes
No, I believe doing my own thing is most productive for me.
No votes
No, I don't think anyone can do what I do as well as me.
No votes
No, I just think teamwork is overrated and a waste of time.
No votes

Total votes : 9

Re: "Team" What Do You Think?

Postby theflyonthewall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:25 pm

You 2 are NOT right! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
theflyonthewall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Brad West » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:58 pm

theflyonthewall wrote:You 2 are NOT right! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Witch one of me are you speaking to?
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

"Team" Posting and Linking

Postby Brad West » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Here is a question that came up so I think I will answer it here as the subject in this team thread has turned a bit and we are now talking about having happy healthy sites.

Should I wait until a page is cached to put in blog co-op? I am trying to go through all posts and wondered if I should go ahead and add them to co-op or wait to see if ever cached

If you are posting a new post Sheryl normally waits a few days to post her little review in the Blog Co-Op, I have done it both right away and waited until the cache was running out of time, usually over a month. Try to be as lengthy as possible and put your link in mid content with anchor text over it.

Think of it this way “content” is king. The king is nothing without a queen she is the "links". Without this combo all you have is a site. You need the king and queen working together to gather the people in the kingdom "traffic".

Here is another great way to get a couple extra links to your articles (use your perma-link directly to your post when you link, these are deep links.)

Here we go:

Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools are your friends you get better stats from webmaster tools especially for your keywords.

When you see an incoming search for a keyword or keyword phrase Google the keyword or keyword phrase in quotes ("your word") see where you are coming up.

On that search page let’s say your site is in the #4 position.

Click on the sites above yours and check out where their back-links are coming from. We use the SEO Book toolbar from Aaron Walls great little free tool. Use your yahoo page links button to find out where they are linked to. Next see if you can get a link on the sites that are bearing you for that keyword.

This is part of taking your time to building your healthy site. If you do just 5% more than your competition you will be the winner!

Don’t forget to post in the Blog Co-Op that just maybe that 5% your looking for.

I hope this helps.
here is a link to webmaster tools if you need it.
Google Webmaster Tools
Brad
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby onnaholl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:14 am

Hi, Brad, Sheryl, Cait and EVERYONE! I have not been able to post- time has been very short! But, I did vote. I would very much like to be part of the team. I do have limited time, but can generally give a little each week, with bigger chunks in the summer when I am off from my "real" job.

I am not clear on what index drivers are Brad? Maybe I know it by another name?

I am not sure what I would say my strengths are, I have done article marketing and other techniques for backlinks. I have done bookmarking as well. My blog is doing well now, but I do need more time to keep adding backlinks and promoting it. I also need to work on finding a good fit for an affiliate product for it. ( I am fairly picky, so I haven't found one I felt was "good" enough for my readers yet! LOL).

I am good at setting things up like wordpress blogs etc. But as you know need some technical help sometimes!! I get the concept of keyword research, and I think I am pretty decent at that. I prefer not to write my article's I use for article marketing (just my blog posts), but I don't mind doing the submitting etc. So perhaps I could handle some of that type of work?

Love the team idea!! Great work here!! You all have helped me so much!!
Have Children? Need Activities, craft or advice? Come Over To Toddler Craft

Want to make extra money online for free? Making Money Quick Blog
onnaholl

Postby Brad West » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Cool Onna,

This is what I have in mind for the time being, Work on your own sites to make sure they are healthy and alive.

As far as writing everyone seems to have a little block there. It's great to pump out a few articles for your personal site but it feels like you are wasting your efforts article marketing. I am still working an a good source to outsource to. What I'm thinking is the group of us can keep someone busy full time if we put in an order like for the month. I am going to put in an order for 5 ~ 500 word articles it should be about $25 that would give me a good article a week and one to use for article marketing for back links. Checking out a system to do that right now.

I think that we all need to list our sites on this thread so we can see what works with what.

Here is a link to the index driver or Leverage Engine thread. The Blog Co-Op is an index driver on a wide scale. With more posting in it it will gain more power which in-turn gives power to the individual pages of your site.

The actual index drivers that we have running are getting posted on everyday.
An index driver is basically a reporting site for other sites and people.
Yes many of them will never know we are giving them a link.
That's OK
To get power to the site it needs real content reviewing other peoples articles.

I am having a real issue with my communication. Somehow someway I am not getting the right words out explaining the power and importance of just the blog Co-Op. So before getting involved with trying to explain the value of giving others links and reviews, I need to focus on explaining the value of posting reviews about their sites.

Kind of frustrating, the big marketers are doing it and seem to be doing very well using this system. The Blog Co-Op is a pretty big system and needs lots of posts for everyone to benefit.
Brad West
Site Admin

Re: "Team" Where are you all at?

Postby Brad West » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Thought I would put another post on here and ask where everyone was as far as getting their sites all freshened up and re indexed indexed what ever the case?

I am also going to go over one more time the index driver and what it has to do with you!
I think I may be too wordy so I will try to get right to the point. I'm sure you read the index driver or leverage engine thread if not you may want to.

Dofollow links are good.
    Dofollow links with page rank real are good.
    Nofollow links are links with no power to your site.
    This site is an index driver or leverage engine.
    A PR 4 link is better than 100 or more PR 0 links.
    Every good solid post on this site benefits the links to your site.

Make sure you have posted reviews to your articles in the blog co-op
    Make sure you have included all your site in the proper section on the index of the board.
    Make sure you use the advertising section for your products.
    YES put as much of your stuff on here as you have.
    Ask questions or start new threads or answer old threads.

Yes we do own this site and interaction will help it's value.
We have said from the birth of this site it's not about us, We have always intended this site to benefit and value to others first and foremost. We can't do it all for you, I'm not going to your sites and review and post your links. I would but that is possibly extreme.

In short this is probably one of the only sites that you will find that wants to give you Dofollow links and encourages you to do so for your benefit.

Ask Sheryl what it's like building an index driver by herself with out any help.

It's really all about you here take advantage!
I really hope I am conveying the message correctly.
If you are not getting it please make a comment to that effect also, I need to know if I'm communicating correctly.

Thanks Brad
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby theflyonthewall » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:52 pm

Brad,

Awesome job on this post. Clear and to the point! :) I am happy to say I am a DoFollow blogger. I want to share the love with my commentors, just not the spammers errrr! I am now done with my 3 week census gig so you should see more work from me. That is if I can keep my hubby at work so he doesn't distract me :mrgreen:

Anyhoo, I still love this place. You folks are one of a kind and others just don't know what they are missing. I would like to add a banner for this site on my blog, I have some empty real estate at the top of my blog that I need to figure out how to move and insert what I want but for now I will concentrate on the indexing of my articles and catching up on writing posts and submitting my posts here where they belong :)

That's all for now. Gotta go write a post.....

Tam
theflyonthewall

Postby Brad West » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Awesome you were doing the census thing. You have to tell us some stories I haven't started the thread yet but I think it will be fun!
Brad West
Site Admin

TheFlyontheWall is gettin'er done

Postby Brad West » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Watching the posts going into the Blog Co-Op and it looks like theflyonthewall is really getting her site in order she has some great cache dates and getting a few links to her site.

Now this is something everyone needs to be aware of and shame on me for not mentioning it before. We have comment love working on this forum, yes comment love.

So this is how that is significant to you who post in the Blog Co-Op.
When you are out and about reading and surfing through blogs if the comments allow comment love put the index.php in the url box make sure it has the /index.php on the url.

This works if your post is one of the last 10 posted if your post is older than that you can use your direct url.
This will of course link to your mini post here.
Why would you do this? The more links leading directly or indirectly to your site the better.
By linking to your mini post here you are building power to your mini post link that leads to the post on your site.
This all refers back to the Leverage Engine post

The group effort here is actually building your links from the Blog Co-Op to your site and building links to your mini posts that lead to your site. This is simular to building push sites that are linked to your site. You still need to link the push sites to give your links from there it your site more power.

The Blog Co-Op has the highest PR on this site, by focusing on building some of your links from here and pointing a couple links to your mini posts as a group the value of this section will totally benefit everyone.

Think selfishly post and build your links to your site, the more the better. I know it's hell with everything else going on in our lives I personally am going back to lists!
Brad West
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Blog Co-op