Back Linking

Image Image

Opportunity dances with those on the dance floor.
The Power of Bloggers Linking Together!
Click on an individual topic below and go directly to that Topic Thread

Forum rules
How the Blog Co-op Works! HERE
To post your whole blog use this section.Blog Sites
The General Board Rules apply as always and can be found HERE
Feel free to contact by PM anyone that you would like to Guest post on their site, or have Guest post on your site. Don't forget good comments are still links.

Back Linking

Postby Brad West » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:24 pm

Easy back linking

Now that you have hooked up to the TIMGuild Friend feed, it’s time to think about back linking. Back linking can be one of the most tedious tasks, but it’s one of the most important. Back linking should be one of your must dos every day even if you only get one or two day.

We have designed the Blog Co-Op to be as easy to use as possible. By making the Blog Co-Op system information based we have subject categories. This makes it easier for you to pick a subject you are interested in and go directly to that post instead of going to a site and scrolling through endless posts to find one that you feel you can reply to.

Remember to always add something of value to a post when you comment. Just by writing you are creating keywords, no need to spam. Content rules!

To keep track of your comments
there is a little site you may want to set up an account and bookmark to visit now and again. Backtype if you are looking for a tutorial Sheryl just happens to have one all written out for you. Tracking Blog Comments on Backtype

Take full advantage of posting your mini posts in a relevant category, “Another Back link”. So others can easily find your post.

We have designed the Blog Co-Op system to make the daily routine of back linking as painless as possible. Who knows you just may have fun.

Quick Note: Don't be too overly concerned with "re=nofollow links as some would lead you to believe. Yes you don't get the link juice for your Google page rank that follow links give you, but a link is a link and spiders do follow them. "re=nofollow" was only designed as a deterrent to spammers so they couldn't suck your link juice to their site and rank better.

Can Success really be fun?  

Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Back Linking

Sponsor

Sponsor

Deep Linking

Postby Brad West » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:58 pm

I must apologize in my assumption that most people knew about deep linking. Now I’m wondering if people know the importance of back links in general, or even what they are.

Again I will try to keep this a short as possible, I realize people have stuff to do, me to I need to get back to deep linking.

A back link is a link that leads from a site back to your site.

Deep links simply put are links that connect to the inner pages of your site. There are two types of deep links inter and intra, interlinking is the linking between sites, and intra-linking is created within the boundaries of your site connecting articles and pages. a site map is an example of this. Both are important, bots not only need outside links to reach your site but links from page to page to find your individual pages. If you are totally unsure about the intra-linking on your site you can use Google Site Map Maker I haven’t used this personally but from what I have read it works very well.

Deep linking is when you are using a perma-link or direct link to your article to give that particular entity exposure. If all you back link using only the url to your main page inadvertently you will get all of your authority on your main page. You must not forget that your site has important things inside that need to be exposed and given authority.

Using sub-links, perma-links, or direct links (all the same) to your information does a couple things, it gives you something a little different to write about each time you are sharing your information, and must importantly you are leaving a permanent gateway to find your information directly. It is a cool thing getting your site ranked well, but you need to get the information inside your site some authority to get traffic.

If you want to know what back-links are leading to your site use a few different search engines to find out what they are indexing. Google will be different from Yahoo indexing your back –links. Want to do a quick check put link:http://www.yourdomainurl.com in the search box with your site information where it refers to yourdomain.com

Deep back-linking is essential to getting traffic. This should be a daily routine to maintain your site high in the rankings.

Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Re: Back Linking

Postby theflyonthewall » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Well good thing you came back to explain what deep linking was because well I had no idea :) It makes sense now and I know how to do it. Thanks!
theflyonthewall

Re: Back Linking

Postby Brad West » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Yes, simply put connecting the inside pages of your site to the outside world with a link back to your site. This site is one of the few that allows follow links for Guild members. We have a few other sites with follow links also.

Giving follow links to people dosn't hurt unless you are in direct competition with the site that is linking to you.
This is a kind of involved subject this is the simple version.
Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Return to Blog Co-op