• Advertisement
123inkjets.com - Printer Ink, Toner, & More!

Hi From Michigan

*~*~* You Must Introduce Yourself!
Stop being a lurker, this forum is for you to introduce yourself, and your life to everyone. Please take your time read the Announcement. You are more than encouraged to expose yourself!

Hi From Michigan

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:20 pm

I've been planning to join this forum for a while now. I'm glad I did, I have been a big fan of Brad and Sheryl for a long time. I look forward to reading and sharing many conversations and opinions with new and old friends.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Hi From Michigan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Hi From Michigan

Postby Brad West » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Great to see you here Brian,

Michigan, a messed up state when it comes to time zones.

I quickly took a look on Google and couldn't locate it, but there is a story I remember from some years back addressing the issue of why the eastern timezone cuts way over especially in northern Michigan. Northern Michigan at one time was the biggest copper mining area in the world producing over 80% of the worlds copper. and in order for the mine area to be on eastern time with the New York Stock Exchange, someone I am assuming in the federal government had another brainstorm. That leaves me with the question what for? No one ever was able to enplane what advantage being on the same time zone had to mining copper.

Anyway Brian we have been working hard for almost a year to make this board over and above any other. We have a great deal in store here, and the flexibility to change and add things as our members grow. With all the research and testing we have been doing all I can say is "hold on"!

Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Hey Brian,
I am super glad to have you here! You have been busting butt on your blog. You even put up with commenter that are a pain. Hmm, maybe I should stop doing that to you. LOL!

I hope you can tell us how cold & snowy it is up there in Michigan. I really dis like cold weather so, I will enjoy your stories from Sunny Las Vegas! :lol:

I think once we get everything in place we can have great results (I am especially fond of the blog Co-Op area). I am in hopes that the way I have the RSS Feeds strung it will help everyone in the Co-Op. I will then work on the same 'spidering' for other sections.

If you have any suggestions on how to get people to understand how beneficial posting the mini post (here), then commenting, bookmarking....I would be happy to have the help.

You are welcome to go ahead and post anything you like, I do have feeds running so they will get picked up.

Hope to share loads of great ideas,
Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Postby Cait Hagar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:32 pm

Hello Brian,
Good to see you here.
I hope you have a wonderful time.

Michigan must be cold right now. Buurrr!

Peace
Cait Hagar
Cait Hagar

Postby Brian Hawkins » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi Everyone, I didn't realize I was receiving replies. I'm subscribed but I'm pretty sure I'm not getting the reply notification emails. I'll try to pay more attention :)
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Brad West » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:57 pm

No Problem Brian,

By the way Happy Birthday!!

The new phpbb board has a only contacts you when you choose to have a message send when you tick the box for Notify me when a reply is posted when you are posting or replying. The spam complaints were a little out of hand.

Or you can go to the user control panel / Board preferences~tab / edit posting defaults~ on the left in there you may select to be notified upon reply.

There are allot of features to make life easier once you find them all. LOL

So it is totally up to the user or poster to select the option of receiving notice of a reply. There is good and bad with that, You can also subscribe to a topic so every time you return you can look there and go to selected posts.

My favorite thing is right under my picture sits most of the commands I need to have quick and easy.

• View new posts (5)
• View your posts