• Advertisement

Hello there!

*~*~* You Must Introduce Yourself!
Stop being a lurker, this forum is for you to introduce yourself, and your life to everyone. Please take your time read the Announcement. You are more than encouraged to expose yourself!

Re: Hello there!

Postby theflyonthewall » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:30 am

Hello there yourself :D

Always happy to meet new people online. I am from KCMO and if I can help you in anyway, or you just need a laugh well just ring-a-ding-ding my bell.

Yep, our winter has been really crappy this year too in KCMO, as I have a friend in Ohio who has not had fun this years winter. Now we are covered in mud everywhere and are having to have more gravel put on drive way just to get out........

So hope you had a safe winter and are looking forward to the spring as we are.

Tootles!
Tam
theflyonthewall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi Miss Edie, I second Sire's remark. You won't find a better group of friends on the planet than what you will find here on the Guild. Stick around awhile and you will be amazed with what Brad, Sheryl and everyone here is willing to share. True friendships begin at the Guild. (you can use that Brad, just hire me as your consultant lol). Seriously, it's a great place to meet, share and learn. (Damn, Brad, you should really use my stuff lol) Oh yeah, it's a fun place too :)

I have subscribed to your blog and followed you on Twitter as ExtremeEzine
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Oops, one more thing. I live in Belleville, MI, about 45 mins north of you. I would like to thank you and everyone in Ohio for taking most of our snow this winter. That was very kind. ;)
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby MissEdie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:20 pm

ExtremeEzine wrote:Oops, one more thing. I live in Belleville, MI, about 45 mins north of you. I would like to thank you and everyone in Ohio for taking most of our snow this winter. That was very kind. ;)

LOL,
You are very welcome.
I shoveled every bit of it UGH!
So glad to see it melting and my lilac bushes budding :D
MissEdie

Postby Brad West » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:02 pm

onnaholl wrote:Edie, Thanks for the great introduction!! I loved the extra details, I learned things I didn't know before!! Thanks Brad for asking the questions too!! I think the Harley Davidson theme is a great one to work with!! I always love your Betty Boop images around the forum!

My point Onna is that it isn't as interesting, stimulating, or attractive to consume yourself with the making money part of life. Although totally necessary to earn an income or become very rich what ever your goals are. Focus should be on your passion to be completely successful.

I will use the great Onna as an example, I could see from when I first met Onna that her focus and passion was her kids. Some people not so much but with Onna yes! All she is doing is recording her passion on a web log. Her Blog shows her passion and interaction with her Children and i see the site growing with the family as they progress in age. Now her sidebars show that she is involved and has interests in other things also in her life. "$$" that is where the commonality and the desire to be further connected with someone collides.

The Harley thing could be a good thing. Showing rallies, scooter pictures, tats and so on. That is if it is truly a passion. use what you love to grow what you do. Value to others is huge, the only way to truly get what you want is to give others what they want first.

Brad West
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby theflyonthewall » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Oh I very much agree with the Harley passion. Edie run with it! There are a lot of die hard Harley fans out there, our family included. In fact the majority of the friends we have are the same. They either own a Harley or wish they had one but can't afford one just yet! Harley people stick together and we are a great bunch of people. Loyal we are :P

Good point Brad. I personally need to add more details when I post, comment, just wanna talk about much of nothing on here lol. I am working on it though.

Tam
theflyonthewall

Postby Brad West » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:41 pm

MissEdie wrote:[center]Thank you all for the warm welcome
[/center]

OK time to pick on Miss Edie again!

I love this stuff so much.

I was just looking to see if we had a post about intros. It may be on our other free board and that link is posted in the forums section.

Any way here goes, Some time ago Sheryl did a test this was back when we were both actively members of and posting on over 200 forum sites. Sheryl actually came up with the Idea of only posting in the intro sections to see how effective just doing that was. Long story short after doing this for a few months that the click through rate was about the same as posting on the whole board.

This is what you need to do:
    Great intro helps a tremendous amount.

When you get a reply respond with some good content.

Do not answer everyone all at once, especially on a busy board. Let your thread get pushed down the page a bit and answer someone to bump your post back to the top.

If you have multiple replies to respond to space them out, answer them by clicking quote on their response to your thread and respond to them like that.

I do this on every forum I ever belonged to. The trick is to stay out in front of everyone you can for as long as you can.

I am onomoney how about the replies.

Check out the thread positioning.

Now if that isn't cool enough check out the thread views I have.

They may not have all clicked my sig-line but I can bet you I got more than anyone else.[/list]

Not getting down on you really what you posted is very cute and eye catching, but there is a chance to have content connected to your name and address each person individually increasing your post count on the thread.

Never forget content is king!
Power!!! Power!!! Power!!!
Brad
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brad West » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:26 pm

theflyonthewall wrote:Oh I very much agree with the Harley passion. Edie run with it! There are a lot of die hard Harley fans out there, our family included. In fact the majority of the friends we have are the same. They either own a Harley or wish they had one but can't afford one just yet! Harley people stick together and we are a great bunch of people. Loyal we are :P

Good point Brad. I personally need to add more details when I post, comment, just wanna talk about much of nothing on here lol. I am working on it though.

Tam

Yes Tam I am watching you grow! The thing is and if you can get it in your head (not just you I am including the world in this) If you are going to take the time to read something and then respond to it make it count. It really dosn't matter if you are responding with small talk BS the more words that you have connected to you the more chances to get brought up in a search, the more chances that someone will connect with something you wrote. A little extra can mean allot.

OK here is what I see with the Harley community as I do with any other close nit community. By reaching and having a presence with the common bond, in this case scooters. Some people will be a little more inclined to find out a little more about you and what you do. I will stop there and let the imagination run from here.

This goes for anyone that knows and loves something. Expose your passion hell you already have it use it.
Brad West
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Personal Intro