• Advertisement
123inkjets.com - Printer Ink, Toner, & More!

Hello there!

*~*~* You Must Introduce Yourself!
Stop being a lurker, this forum is for you to introduce yourself, and your life to everyone. Please take your time read the Announcement. You are more than encouraged to expose yourself!

Hello there!

Postby MissEdie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi,
I am MissEdie(Like Edys ice cream).
I am married
I am from Toledo,Ohio.
I have a daughter who works(at), lives and breathes Disney(Fla).

Questions I have been asked
So Have you lived in Ohio all your life? Yes, born and raised in Toledo

Is your daughter that works for Disney your only child? Yes she is . She is 27, been at Disney for 7 yrs.

What does she do for Disney? Oh my, I never know where she will be. She works everywhere there

Do you have any hobbies? I love harley davidsons, I have my Motorcyle license.

How long have you been working on the internet? Since April 2007

Is this what you do full time? Oh Yes, If I could I would be on here 24/7.
My laptop is on before I open the curtains in
the morning and goes off with the lites at nite

What does your husband do? My Husband is very disabled. That's why I found the internet.
I need to work in home and be there when he needs me.

I own an Incentive Freebie Network that has a blog with it.
It is called Reward mouse.
I belong to several Freebie incentive forums, but would like to think(learn) out side the box(forums),
to promote this Biz.I don't want to totally be dependent on the forums.

Soon I will be opening an Avon Website also

Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Sincerely
MissEdie
Last edited by MissEdie on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissEdie

Hello there!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Hello there!

Postby onnaholl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi, Edie- Great to see you here!! Welcome to the Guild!! This is such a wonderful and supportive community. Brad and Sheryl are wonderful and so helpful!! You are going to love it!!
onnaholl

Postby Brad West » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Welcome to the Guild Edie,

You are Ooh so right you can't be just dependent on forums, or blogs, or social media. You must depend on you!

Here are a few questions to ask yourself.
Clear your mind, breath and think.
    What do I love the most to do?
    What do I know the most about?
    How can I help others with what I'm most passionate about?

You see people don't want to know about what you sell.
People don't want to actually buy anything at all.

What people want is their needs fulfilled, whatever that maybe.

People don't want to buy a house, but they would love to live in a home.
People don't want to buy a car, but they would rather drive to work than take the bus.
People don't want to buy food, but their family kind of needs it to live.

Something I learned a long long time ago is sell yourself, sell your passions. That is where the value is!

Your intro leaves me with allot of questions I hope you don't mind me asking.

So Have you lived in Ohio all your life?
    Is your daughter that works for Disney your only child?
    What does she do for Disney?
    Do you have any hobbies?
    How long have you been working on the internet?
    Is this what you do full time?
    What does your husband do? Sorry I am assuming that you are married to a man, You never know now a days.

There that's a start I'm sure I will have more questions later.
Now I said that I was going to prove to you that intros work, and are the most overlooked section in a forum for traffic. we have tested this very thoroughly. Check out this (link is gone but look at any thread views here on this forum) Now look at my number of views, and replies then go in and check out my profile. I have others to show you if you would like to see more.
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:53 am

Hello MissEdie,
Nice to meet you!
I just wanted to say - DISNEY! Holy cow, your daughter works at Disney! How fun (except for all the screamin kids).
Oh, this is about you. I will try to push my love for Eeeyor to the side. But, it'll be hard. Who doesn't love Eeyor? He was the very 1st Emo character.

Ok, ok, no more Eeyor ...I kinda promise.

I like your Reward Mouse site. Did you pick the name & the title for any particular reason?
I'm asking because it is easy to remember & the mouse hits either the cute furry creature or the mouse for your computer.

I also take it that you do the same type of Frebbie Trading as Onna & Karen?
I know Onna has teased us with her tweets that she has made money & then never buys us donuts to celebrate. :cry:

It's great that you can stay home with your husband & still make money. Not long a go that was an impossibility for most people. It also save you from having to get out & drive to work in nasty weather. That commute from the Bed to the computer is normally not to congested.

Glad to have you here & if you have questions...ask. I may not know the answer but, I can usually find someone that does.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Postby MissEdie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:36 am

Hello Sheryl,
Nice to meet you also.
Yes,we are a Disney family.My daughter (April) is decorating my kitchen in Disney stuff slowly but surely.
I call my husband Eyore,lovingly, but that would be him if we were characters.I'm the Tigger :D
My daughter is the lady and the guys she dates are Tramps(well at least so far)lol.

Yes,that's how I got up to owning a network, doing what Onna and Karen do.
I started out trading, then I was asked to do support for for several sites.
Now I own a Network :)

How I came to the name for Reward mouse is a long story.
But yes, the name turned out to be good key words, I'm pleased.
I post Mickey and Minnie Mouse within my posts on the forums.
The reason I do that, is....
I am a Betty Boop fan also. I use to post Betty Boops all over the place.
I started getting PMs, telling me "I was at the store(or where ever), I saw a Betty boop and thought of you'
So I figure I would try to get the same mindset with the Mouses. :D
MissEdie

Postby Brad West » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Totally awesome!

I really feel like I truly am getting to know you, I also love Harleys, never been to Disney World or Land Maybe when Cait gets a little older we will go, (she is 15 now been saying that for a while)

Send our best to your husband and tell him we will be helping you expose yourself!

You are defiantly on the right track branding yourself with the mice and Betty Boop. It seems like you have allot to choose from when it comes to your passion. This is the the deal if you work on sharing what is truly dear to your heart with others your real passion will show through and people will be drawn to you big time.

OK haven't done the research on Harley Davidson, I can assume that there are allot of sites on the subject and competition is pretty good for the main keywords. No problem though this is a good thing, this means there are lot's of people interested and looking for Harleys in the searches.

What I'm getting at is if you can get people to connect with you on that level you can get them to connect on any level you want. Once you become transparent to people they by nature want to know more about you and what you do. They want to see if they can connect in other areas, such as making money.

When you go to a gathering and you do your networking thing with the people that you have never met before after you introduce yourself what are the first questions that come up?

Where do you live?
what do you do for a living?

These questions often come up with in the first 5 questions.
Why because people want to know!
The same goes with people on-line.
Social Networking is huge, Why because people like meeting new people and making that connection.

Yes there are some that are not so good at it for the most part they are ignored.

Now if you take what you have written here, copy it to a word doc, tweak it a little now you have a pre built intro you can use any time. On that word doc start collecting your sig-lines and links also.

Now all you have to do is call up the page and your super cool info is all ready for you.

Awesomeness!
Brad
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby onnaholl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Edie, Thanks for the great introduction!! I loved the extra details, I learned things I didn't know before!! Thanks Brad for asking the questions too!! I think the Harley Davidson theme is a great one to work with!! I always love your Betty Boop images around the forum!
onnaholl

Postby Cait Hagar » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:10 pm

Heylo there Miss Edie,
Welcome to TIMG.

You live in Ohio, eh? My gosh, it's got to be freezing there. Lolz!

It's good to see an Intro that actually SAYS something. Hehe!

I hear you know Onna? Well, that right there makes you cool! =D

Have a good day!

Cait Hagar
Cait Hagar

Postby Sire » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Hey MissEdie, welcome aboard. You've joined a great gang and you won't find a better one anywhere.
Sire

Postby MissEdie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:50 pm

[center]Thank you all for the warm welcome
[/center]
MissEdie

Next

Return to Personal Intro