Exposing Yourself . PLEASE READ . BEFORE YOU POST!!!!

*~*~* You Must Introduce Yourself!
Stop being a lurker, this forum is for you to introduce yourself, and your life to everyone. Please take your time read the Announcement. You are more than encouraged to expose yourself!

Postby Brad West » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:21 pm

Exposing Yourself is a Good Thing

Hi I’m Brad West,
I live in Las Vegas NV. with my wife Sheryl, daughter Cait, and my best friend Zed, our 30 lb black and white, English Jack Russel Terrier. I spent most of my life in the small town of Otis in Western Massachusetts. I have traveled through all but 4 of the lower 48 states during that time. I moved for a spell to Washington State where I met Sheryl and Cait. After enduring the lack of sun and excessive rain for a few years, we decided to go the other extreme and move to Las Vegas.

Hi I’m Brad West, I just got involved with this health company, here is the link check it out http://sherylloch.com/index.php/mymoxxoromega3 No pressure but you have to join us.

Not sure about you,
but I would be more apt to respond to the Brad West that I may have some common ground with, or have a question about his life. I really have no real positive response to getting a link tossed at me. No reasonable human responds to a business offer unless they know who you are.

Say you are standing in line at the store, invited to a gathering with some new faces,
or even pull up a bar stool beside a stranger. What do you do to introduce yourself? Possibly a little small talk about the weather, sports, or current events, then share your name possibly a handshake. Typically people will exchange information until they find some common ground. Believe it or not most of the time, money is that common ground. There are very few instances when meeting new people that "what do you do for a living?" is not brought up.

One of the most important and most widely overlooked aspects of networking,
in any realm, is introducing yourself to others. One of the biggest reasons for this is people get so involved pushing their program, or business, that the possibility of making money clouds their vision of reality, rendering them as spamming losers. Knowing your business is not a bad thing, of course you need to know the ins and outs of your business and be able to reply intelligently when asked about different aspects of what you stand behind. But networking comes first in the social realm.

The forum, and social network intro is the same way.
Present yourself first, share what you know and help people. You will be remembered in a more positive light. Sheryl did a little study awhile back when we were each involved with a couple hundred forum sites. She did nothing nut introductions and respond to introductions for a couple months. No ads and very little interaction in the main body of the board. The results were overwhelming as far as getting traffic to our sites. Yes they were all sig-line clicks, what a powerful little thing.

I'm Naked!!  

Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Posting tip

Postby Brad West » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:27 pm

Yes another redundant message from me.

Sorry folks but I'm not going to let up on this one,
content rules!
Links are for sig-lines when people find you, connect and enjoy or are interested in what you have to say.
You may make a connection because of your location, don't you turn your head when you see someone from your area?
You may make a connection because of your kids, where you work, or your passions.

Speaking from a mans view,
since that is what I am. Say I went to a party, there were new people there. I know that after the initial hand shake introduction and small talk. The first real subject that comes up is what do you do for a living. I don't ever remember walking up to anyone extending my hand for the shake and saying "Hi I design and build houses want one"?

Ok so we covered what to write, Anything that you know, love, find, or feel. People love new information and the bots like it more. Now the more specific you get the more keywords you will be including in your message. Just from our extensive testing it's amazing the words people find you with. Yes your keywords are important and you should keep your keyword density between 3 and 5 %.

The more you interact the more you post.
The more posts you have the better chance of someone searching and finding you.

I always sign my name to connect me to the content I post.

Brad West ~ onomoney
The only reason I am still using my old user name is because there are allot of Brad Wests out there. I still use onomoney to register for sites because Brad West is long gone, So I include it with my name.

Taking your time and making a good post or worth wile comment is 100 times more effective and a better use of time.
Quality not quantity

Expose yourself!  

Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Re: Exposing Yourself . PLEASE READ . BEFORE YOU POST!!!!

Postby KarenKramer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:39 pm

Great Post Brad... A nice way of saying "Stop your sorry ass spammy ways".

And by the way Onomoney ... on a lot of forums I'm known as Ononotme.. LOL

Karen,
I don't have a signature yet because Sheryl is mean and won't let me have one unless I promise to behave.
KarenKramer

Postby Brad West » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:29 pm

I'll take care of Sheryl for you no problem.

You just go ahead and build yourself a sig-line so you can get those back-links we all value so much. The value of forums is underrated, Google is starting to give forums some of the authority they once had. as a matter a fact Sheryl has a page on her blog ranked at a 2 just from forum sig-lines, and that's it.

You probably noticed everything on this board has follow links. We are here to give back not re=nofollow

Struggling a bit trying to get people to realize the value here, I'm glad that you do. The Blog Co-Op is linked up pretty extensively, of course more is always better. With content in category specific areas the link-back power should be awesome for everyone. never mind all the rest of the stuff we have going on.

Ononotme is a great choice of user names, I also have weonomoney LOL, I only use that on my yahoo account feel free to steal that e-mail all my junk goes there anyway.

So don't miss out on your sig, I will take care of the mean old read head, with the Diana Ross hairdo
Brad West ~ onomoney
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby davefullme » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi Brad,

I learned a long time ago, that if I wanted to contact people and develop a rapport with them, the word FORM works really well. It doesn't matter what order you put the letters together, but if you keep in mind that F-amily, O-ccupation, R-ecreation, M-oney are all topics that people love to talk about, you can strike up a conversation with most anyone that you want to.

First, though, I like to find out if I want to talk with them. And a smile and friendly "Hi" usually will tell you if that person is someone who qualifies for your attention. If he or she smiles back, that's a pretty good sign, If not, I like to walk away and tell myself that there is one who just won't get my help to become independently wealthy.

Many times I have walked up to people in public places like a Wal-Mart store and struck up a conversation, talked about things in our lives, and finally stuck out my hand and said, "Oh, I'm Dave Fullmer and you are........." Kept my hand out until they took it and told me their name. Very seldom have I not gotten their name and then asked, "Do you have a card?" I have received a good number of cards or had them write their name and phone number on the back of one of mine.

I call this contacting, and it's surprising how well this works and how many people have joined other people's businesses using this method of meeting new people. It can be a lot of fun.

Dave
davefullme

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:23 am

Oops, I read the title 'Exposing Yourself' and thought... never mind :oops:

While I'm here, I thought I could take a second to clear up my name change for those not already aware. My first username was ExtremeEzine because that was the name of my main site at the time. Then I sold that site and Brad was kind enough to change my username to Brian Hawkins. I'm not sure where he got that name from but I'm going to use it as my personal name from now on, both on and off the forum :lol:

To make things even more confusing, I brought back an old blog to life cause I was a little bored. The site is called That's Right, I Said It. So if you see this lil be-otch running around the net calling herself TRISI, well, that's me too. Yes, I guess I'm an online cross dresser.
Just in case it flew over someone's head, TRISI is the initials of
  'That's Right, I Said It'  
Get it? Clever, huh?
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Return to Personal Intro