"Hey There" from Mississippi

*~*~* You Must Introduce Yourself!
Stop being a lurker, this forum is for you to introduce yourself, and your life to everyone. Please take your time read the Announcement. You are more than encouraged to expose yourself!

Postby KarenKay » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:41 am

Hi Y'all,

I'm Karen Kay. Most people call me "KK" for short. I am from Mississippi, currently living in Jackson. Was raised in Golden Eagle country, Home of Southern Miss, where I also went to College - Hattiesburg Miss. I am married to Michael and have a son in grade school. They are my "boys" and I love 'em!

I work full time in accounting, but my primary love is in meeting and getting to know people through the internet. I have met so many wonderful folks. I do some internet marketing, mostly by promoting stuff by people I like as an affiliate. I have three blogs, one is a sort of hodge podge of internet stuff, I call it KK's InterNetwork Cafe.

My real passion right now is in promoting nature photographs. Most of the photos I have promoted so far I either found myself or were done by friends. What I do is post the photo (with artists' permission of course) and a link back to their site of choice. I then write a reflection/meditation/poetry piece about the photo to post with it. I am really enjoying the process. If you are a photographer and would like for me to submit your photo let me know - I'll be happy to take a look!

I recently had the priveledge of attending Unseminar6 in San Antonio. I have written an ebook about how I got to go, and am sharing that free.

Other than that I stay busy with the family, Cub Scouts, etc.
Thanks Brad for a great forum! ;)
KK

(edit: removed URLs: I think that was against the rules?)
KarenKay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: "Hey There" from Mississippi

Postby Brad West » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:39 pm

Welcome to the Guild KK,

Even though we have known of each other for a long time we have never4 spent any quality time together. Your array of blogs sounds like our family (including the spam post from the same dude that Sheryl and Cait are getting) LOL!

I Love your picture blog I know you love nature, is there anything in you that could grasp thoughts from say a picture of a graffiti wall or an image of the Las Vegas Vally with a smog cloud over it? Just wondering how diversified you are. When writing there are only three basic themes, Love, Death, and Birth. Now the variations of the themes are endless. Death not only could be literal but spiritual, maybe loss, crisis or change. Besides Birth in the literal sense it could mean, new beginning, redemption, renewal and so on. Someone that can write in all these themes has an incredible talent as far as I'm concerned. I have my moments for each.

It sounds like you have a great family and active life with them, fantastic!
Make yourself at home here.
Brad west ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brian Hawkins » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi KK, welcome to the Guild. A long time ago I had a tape of a comedian from Hattiesburg. He was hilarious. What's your photo blog URL?
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:52 am

Hello Karen!
You don't write with a southern accent. ;)
I think the closet to Jacksonville I've been is Biloxi, Miss.(20 yrs ago). The Air Force base there was beautiful & they had one of the top military hospitals.

If you have a husband & a son how do you ever get anything done? ;)

You might talk with Brian (ExtremeEzine) & Sire, they both take great photo's & have blogs. I also take great pictures of things like 1/2 my thumb, the floor, and I specialize in blur. That is why I have several picture sites listed in the General Free section here. I have to rely on others that are better with a camera.

Since you are an upgraded member, You can put your links in your signature file. We do have instructions on how to build a sig if you need it. Building a Sig Line

If you have questions about using the site, just give me a yell or we also have a section for questions if you feel it would help others. I think Brad MAY have explained that the Blog Co-Op is a little different than the regular blog section. If you need more info about posting in the Co-Op, let me know. I think it is easy but, that is only because I set it up. LOL!

Sheryl Loch
Sheryl Loch

Return to Personal Intro