• Advertisement
stuffed animals

FaceBook MarketPlace

You have a Social Community You like feel free to post your profile here! Tell us why you like the site or not. We kind of try to stay away from being motivated through being politically correct on this site so you can be honest!

FaceBook MarketPlace

Postby Sheryl Loch » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:53 pm

FaceBook MarketPlace

What the hell is this?
I noticed it on my Facebook Profile today and it (MarketPlace) had the # 372 next to it and I had no idea what was there so, I clicked it.

Holy crap….Crap being a keyword here. 1 lady had listed 72 items “in my area” (Las Vegas). She had used books, handy wipes, powdered milk….and apparently she sells this stuff online???!!!

Anyhow, I have no urge to buy from the other peoples list either (I don’t need diet aids). I wanted to turn off this app so, I went to my ACCOUNT tab,
Clicked APPLICATION SETTINGS,
There I found Market Place….I could have just clicked the x to remove it but, I looked at EDIT SETTINGS (for the app).

In the pop up you’ll see ADDITIONAL PERMISSIONS….Open that!!!!
It has checkmarked 3 items that I did NOT like.

Marketplace has permission to:

Access my data even when I'm not using the application
Send me emails
Publish recent activity (one line stories) to my wall

WTH??? They have access to my data even if I am not using the app?
They can send me emails about crap?
Though I have never seen a “story” on my wall that I know of…I don’t want any!

So, I unchecked those 3 boxes and hit OKAY.

I will now x out the app and hope that it stays away.
From what I saw being sold within 50 miles of Las Vegas, I am not interested.
I can go to the 2nd hand store if I want used crap. I can also do a search online for anything I can’t find in my local stores……

Not sure how this app got on my profile or why but, you might want to at least check your Facebook and decide if you want the app or if you are automatically giving them any of your data??!!

Sheryl

PS. I have no idea what “Data” they receive.

If you want to see how to Add Your Blog to Your FaceBook Profile or have it there already but want to let members know how to find it, click that link.
Sheryl Loch

FaceBook MarketPlace

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: FaceBook MarketPlace

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:30 pm

On the other hand, it might be worth checking out as an advertising option for local clients. I'll look into that as soon as I shut off big brother's permissions.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Return to Social Networks