• Advertisement

Twitter Mico Blogging

You have a Social Community You like feel free to post your profile here! Tell us why you like the site or not. We kind of try to stay away from being motivated through being politically correct on this site so you can be honest!

Who Follows Whom on Twitter?

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Who Follows Whom

This site allows you to put up to 5 Twitter usernames into their system.
It will then tell you who they are Following in Common & who in Common follows them.

So if you take 2 twitter peeps and want to know if they draw the same crowd, just pop their names in & hit the Find Out Results Button.

It took a couple of minutes for me to compare Cait & I so, if you are going to compare big names or even try using 3 or more tweeters, it may take a bit. But hey, you got time!
Compare Me & Cait

I can see this might be useful when running more than 1 account to see if both have the same followers. I know if I compare my personal account to the Guild Twitter, we have very few in common. Which is fine because there is no point in me & the Guild tweeting to the same people.

Go on over and check it out, it’s kinda cool. Who Follows Whom
Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Who Follows Whom on Twitter?

Sponsor

Sponsor

1 Click Follow Twitter List

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Today I found the site Tweet ML.
You can register for free,
Allow it access to your Twitter Account,
Give it an email address…..

Then you can create a list. Yes there are list on Twitter but, they stink. I have yet to find them useful because you have to sort through all the tweets people make & then go the persons profile, look at their bio………..

With Tweet ML, you can search for a list with the keywords you want. Then just click to follow all in that list. You can also uncheck mark the people you do not want to follow. This list also shows their avatar & bio. Just click & follow all that you want to, no sorting through masses of tweets. You can click to their profile page & check them out further if you want.

As you may know our dog Zed is a real Tweet Hound, he went today & made 2 list of dogs that Tweet – Dogs That Tweet – 1 & Dogs that Tweet – 2. He had to break it into 2 list because you can only add 250 to a list.

Why did Zed do a list & not me?
His was easier. If you have a page url with Twitter people (dogs in his case) like Dogs on Twitter then you can place the URL of the page in the Create a list box & it pulls up all the twitter accounts info from that page. Otherwise you have to put in each name of people you want on a list - like I have time to do that?!
MAYBE, I'll make one for my local peeps but, we'll see.

Once you have created your list then you can also place a button on your site that will lead people straight to your list.

Will this mean more spam for people on these list?
Who knows. They already have the bots & scripts that will go in & automatically follow everyone so, the ones that want to do mass following can anyway.

So go ahead & check it out.

You may find it useful.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

3D Twitter Cloud

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:44 pm

I saw a sight today that is really not useful in any way other than....It's cool that people can make these programs.

It's a 3D cloud of your Twitter stream. You can see Zed's 3D Tweet Cloud. Why do I always use Zed's stuff as examples? Cause he's a terrier & not afraid of anything. He also seems to like that he has more Twitter followers than anyone else in the house. :oops:

I do think that if it was not for Twitter, look how many people would be bored out of their minds with nothing cool to build with all of their skills.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Finding Great ReTweets - RT

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:12 pm

If you are looking for great Blog post that seem to get retweeted there are a couple of ways you can search -

1 way is to go to Topsy, put in your key phrase, & hit search. This will pull up tweets with your phrase & next to each tweet you can see how many times it has been ReTweeted.

Another way is to go to Search Twitter, put in your key phrase with or without " " include the letters RT. This will bring up the latest RT with your words/phrase.

Why might you do this?

To find articles of interest that YOU may want to get ideas from, see what is so ReTweetable about the post, or you may want to RT to your followers to help keep them informed (Um, makes you look like you keep up to date on your topic).

Ok, so this is not life or death of Twitter but, if you can master the art of getting RT's then you are going somewhere.

Yes, Tweet links are nofollow but, if you are good...those links could end up in some NICE DoFollow places.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Previous

Return to Social Networks