Dog Seat Belts

This section is to post your whole Blog, The Blog Co-Op is where you get to post for your Deep Back-Links! If you own the Real Estate your Blog Site sits on feel free to post it here!! If you have a Blog you really like tell us about it!! We want real blogs, with personally written content. Not just an ad. All advertising Blogs are to be posted in the paid section.

Dog Seat Belts

Postby CoronadoCookie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi ~

I started a new blog for this year's 30DC to try out this year's 'process' as Ed says. I launched The Dog Seat Belt Blog to educate dog owners that using a dog seat belt or dog car harness helps them and their dog travel safely in cars and trucks. As I add content, it will also help them choose the best dog safety restraint to protect their dog, themselves and their passengers. My research has shown me that there are way too many animals and people injured or killed because the dog was not restrained while traveling.
On a quest for geographical and financial freedom with a goal of helping others.
There is always a time to change and room to grow.
CoronadoCookie

Dog Seat Belts

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dog Seat Belts

Postby theflyonthewall » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:58 pm

My local police officer talked to me about this when I got pulled over for speeding. He was concerned about my Maltese puppy I had just picked up the day before and was taking to the vet, she was 2lbs and in a zipped carrier but was in the front seat.

Basically he scolded me and said to protect my puppy she needed to be restrained and in the back and said he would feel bad and so would I if my puppy got hurt. It hit home and I felt dumb for not even thinking about this.

Thanks for telling others about this.

Tam
theflyonthewall

Re: Dog Seat Belts

Postby Sheryl Loch » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 am

Tam, at least you had the dog confined. Yes, the carrier could get thrown around if you had an accident.

I just don't get the people that drive with their dogs bouncing around on their laps, to the back seat...I could not drive well, if my dog was all over the place.

For years I drove a hatchback & would tie the dogs on the side loops with a short leash. It wasn't as good as the seat-belts they have now but, I felt better knowing they would stay back there.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Return to Blog Sites