Donate Shoes to Help Soles4Souls

This forum is for discussing earth friendly, human friendly, pet friendly subjects. People really need to know what is not good for them in their lives as far as their actions and what they consume! Share what you know about healthy living!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:31 am

I also know that it may be easier to just take those shoes that no longer fit or that you just don't wear and toss them in the trash but, that just puts more stuff in a land fill. If we are trying to save the planet for our kids and grandkids, we might as well help a few people along the way.

[center]OR[/center]

If your group or business is looking for a charity to help out, you may want to check out Soles4Souls.

Yes, just like it sounds, they help put shoes on the feet of people that may not have them.

They started in 2005 and have covered over 5 million pairs of feet in over 125 countries. That means over 50 million little piggy toes have had a bit better trip when walking to school, working, or just out playing.

When you visit the site you can insert your zip code to see where the closest drop off it for new or gently used shoes.

They are a charity and donations are tax deductible.

I could say that a tax deduction is a great idea so, get your group together and donate. I'd rather appeal to your human kindness and say donate because...it makes you feel good to help out others.

This is just 1 way that you and your networking group can make a difference in someone's life. I hear people all the time say they want to help people BUT....well get off your butt and do it rather than just sit and make excuses.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Donate Shoes to Help Soles4Souls

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Monday I'm taking a huge bag of shoes with me to work and dropping them off at a Red Wing's store. That's our nearest drop point. We already have over a dozen shoes to give and we haven't even gone through the bedrooms yet.

When I have more time after I stop working it would be very nice to do things like host an annual Shoe Drive.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:07 pm

That is great Brian!
Cool that there is a drop off near you!
I bet people would be amazed at how many good shoes they have just sitting around. Most people have shoes that they will never wear again and could give them to someone that will happily put them on.

Today I read a story that Zappos gave shoes to 600 kids from After School All Stars. These are kids that really don't have anything. Some of the kids had no idea what size they wore because they have only ever had hand-me-downs.

They brought all the kids to the Orleans Hotel and let the kids pick the shoes they wanted. Zappos had people there helping size shoes and then find the correct size in the style the kids picked. Zappos said it's one thing to give kids shoes but, they have the ability to let the kids pick styles...many of the kids had no idea they were going to get to pick out their only pair of new shoes.

I'll bet their were 600 faces with huge smiles today.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:26 pm

My wife dropped off eight pair. The rest weren't worth giving away and had to be thrown away. Hard to believe we had so many bad shoes. Some only had one shoe lol The clerk at the RedWing's store said we were the first to donate.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Return to Green Zone