Office Paper into Toilet Paper

This forum is for discussing earth friendly, human friendly, pet friendly subjects. People really need to know what is not good for them in their lives as far as their actions and what they consume! Share what you know about healthy living!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Ok, today I saw something really cool. In fact it was something that I figured was already a 'been there, done that' machine.

You get yourself a White Goat Paper Recycler. This machine will shred your office paper, wet it, press it, dry it, and roll it for use in the bathroom.

They said it only takes about 40 sheets of office paper to make 1 roll of toilet paper and can save about 40 trees a year.

40 trees may not sound like much but, just think if every big company used a machine like this - that could really add up the tree count fast.

There is a few small catches - the machine weighs about 1,322.77 Pounds, is almost 6 feet tall, and will cost you about $100,000. But if it only cost 11cents per roll to make, saves on recycling cost the company would normally pay, then in the long run it might be worth the money.

You can see how the machine works over at YouTube - Office Paper to Toilet Paper - White Goat Paper Recycler : DigInfo

Sheryl

ps. I don't think that the potty paper shown in the video looks to soft but hey...most companies use the 'sandpaper' type anyway.
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Green Zone