Going Green with Goats!

This forum is for discussing earth friendly, human friendly, pet friendly subjects. People really need to know what is not good for them in their lives as far as their actions and what they consume! Share what you know about healthy living!

Going Green with Goats!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sun May 10, 2009 12:49 am

What a great way to go green, when it comes to clearing out weeds in an area and you don’t want to burn fuel and put out tons of exhaust. Get ya a Goat Crew!

A site called California Grazing is where you can find out about this unique service. They serve the areas around San Diego, Los Angles, San Francisco…

Now, I have no need for their service since I live in the desert & have nothing growing in my yard but, if I lived in Cali and could have them bring over some goats to clear lots – I would be on it.

I have seen what goats can do. These green eating machines can go where no man with a mower would dare. They are like Gods clearing crew that clean out even noxious weeds while leaving some great fertilizer to help the good stuff grow. You can’t get more perfect than that.

I am willing to bet that other areas have Goat Brigades that also do clearing, this just happens to be the one that I came across.

So if you ever think you have an idea for a business but, others may think it is crazy – remember some people with goats and herding dogs are making their crazy idea work.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Going Green with Goats!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Going Green with Goats!

Postby KarenKramer » Mon May 11, 2009 3:07 pm

I saw a news report recently about Google using this service on the lawns around their headquarters... and we all know that Google knows everything.. Plus my son really likes the idea... no more lawn mowing.
From the Weird and
Slightly Quirky Mind of
Karen Kramer
KarenKramer

Postby Brad West » Tue May 12, 2009 12:41 pm

I think that lawn mowing is therapeutic myself. I love the smell of fresh cut grass, I would do about anything to even walk on grass again, nothing but sand is enough to drive me crazy.
Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu May 14, 2009 6:20 am

I never mind mowing the grass but, I also think goats are really cool.

I would think that all those techie type guys could build a robot goat that is solar powered and needs no supervision. Maybe since Google used them is why it was so easy to find them. LOL!
Sheryl Loch

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:51 pm

The Goats are once again part of the Google Team.
Yep, these cute lil 4 leggers are off the unemployment line. I sure hope they have their "Green Cards". LOL!

Google put out a note with a cool slideshow of their new Google Goat Team - these goats look serious! Now, if the could only teach them to chew up & poop out spam..we'd have a real winner!

I wonder if the negotiated the contract using - Dr. Doolittle is now Dr. Googlittle Android app?

Ok, you can goooooo over and see pictures of the Google Goats hard at work.

Dang, I am so funny today...I'm hurting myself!
Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Return to Green Zone