Children

This forum is for discussing earth friendly, human friendly, pet friendly subjects. People really need to know what is not good for them in their lives as far as their actions and what they consume! Share what you know about healthy living!

Re: Children

Postby Brad West » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:15 pm

To be Green it to live a life that gives evidence to all that you are Green.
Lead by example

Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby austinmomof7 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:53 pm

At our house, we give our children the freedom to choose, but they must fund their own bad habits. We don't keep junk at home and if they want it, they are allowed to have it if they choose to spend their own hard earned money on it. We live by example (or just don't let them see our occassional indulgences). Just kidding. They need to know that they are allowed to have occassional little indulgences if they choose healthy habits the rest of the time.

Michelle
austinmomof7

Postby theflyonthewall » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:43 pm

That is a great idea! Too bad my daughter is already grown and out of the house. Hubby and I just discussed this very thing about a week ago. We agreed I would no longer buy junk food but that he was not allowed to blame me for not having any junk snacks in the house :D Sometimes he is my worst habit in that I am tempted by the junk he likes but would not normally think to eat it. So if it's not in the house I won't know I'm missing it.

Tam
theflyonthewall

Postby Brad West » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:09 am

Is it not really hard sometimes to lead by example. We have come to the conclusion to not buy food. fruit and water only.

Not really but we have totally cut back I do get Cait a little something once in a while though.
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Return to Green Zone