World MRSA Day

This forum is for discussing earth friendly, human friendly, pet friendly subjects. People really need to know what is not good for them in their lives as far as their actions and what they consume! Share what you know about healthy living!

World MRSA Day

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Today I got a notification about World MRSA Day. I didn't even know they had such a day but this is only their 3rd year so, I am not that far behind.

Anyway, in the PR it has info about where you can watch the event live so If yo want to check it out visit World MRSA Day PR.

On the press release it also states that more people now die from MRSA-HAI's than from HIV/AIDS each year.

WTH?? We spend MILLIONS of dollars each year for HIV/AIDS research and to help people in other countries become educated about the disease but we seldom hear about MRSA.

Why don't more people know about MRSA?

Why do we continue to allow Dr's to prescribe antibiotics like they were candy, we put antibiotic in our food, and no one seems to think this is worthy of yelling to the public?

If you don't know what MSRA is the Mayo Clinic site has some info - Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection is caused by a strain of staph bacteria that's become resistant to the antibiotics commonly used to treat ordinary staph infections.

SuperBugs are caused when there is an overuse of antibiotics and the germ becomes resistant. Then they build up a stronger/newer antibiotic and the germ will likely become resistance to that sooner or later.

At the same time antibiotics weaken the body's natural immune system so much that it becomes "lethargic". It's like the natural immune system just doesn't kick in when it figures you'll just take a pill and kill off the germ. This is why I get sooooo freakin mad when people take their kid (or themselves) to the doctor for every lil sniffle, ache, or pain. The doctors just hands out some damned antibiotics that probably aren't necessary. This does more harm than good. It contributes to the building of SuperBugs and lowers the immune system. Personally…I don't care about your immune system…I avoid antibiotics so mine is probably good to go BUT…the super bug you contribute to build pisses me off.

Farmers and doctors need to step back and think before they feed all of these antibiotics to people and animals.

Here are a couple of articles for further reading – New salmonella superbug threat from intensive pig farms June of 2011

More MRSA, in milk: A new strain in cows and humans June 2011

And to show that this is NOT newly discovered info – Sept. 2003 [url http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 37728.html] Antibiotic abuse in pigs 'could create superbugs'[/url]

So my hope is that the National MRSA Day will bring attention to the overuse of antibiotics. Maybe some people will stop and think BEFORE they contribute to more superbugs that could possibly lead to the death of others.

In fact, next time I hear someone say that 2nd hand smoke kills…I'll ask them how many antibiotics they use, flush, or unknownly eat. Hell, might as well ask them if they approve of antibiotics being used with farm animals…
Sheryl Loch

World MRSA Day

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Green Zone