Finally Figured Out a Leverage Engine

Discuss how you are making money. How do we optimize our actions and get the most out of what we are doing online information and action.

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:27 pm

I don’t always have great ideas.
In fact many of my ideas suck. So, I watch for other peoples ideas & if they sound good, I give them a whirl.

Mind you I see or hear good ideas all the time but, I find that some just don’t sink in. For some reason or another I just can’t get the jest of it or maybe part of the mechanics of how it works just baffles me. That is when I just shove the link (info) over to the side & save it to look at again.

Today I am gonna share with you one of those great finds that just didn’t click when I first saw it. Um, it is super easy & I feel a bit stupid for not figuring it out months ago.

Dan Thies sent out a video & PDF when he launched his Link Liberation program. The video & PDF are how to build a Leverage Engine. I watched the damn vid & read the PDF several times & understood how it would work to help your site yet, I just couldn’t figure out a way to do it. What I did know is that the Blog Co-Op is in a way like a Leverage Engine or Index Driver. So, I was happy with just trying different ways to implement Dan’s plan on forums (I am really good at forums).

The problem came when we started building sites that did not have our names on them (due to trolls). I needed a way to push those sites…. These were brand new sites with nothing pushing them. New sites are also a great way to test out any ideas. So, time to pull out all those ideas & see what I could do.

Of course the 1st one I went to was Dan’s…he is REALLLLLY good at what he does. I built my 1st Leverage Engine (Index Driver). It was a breeze. When I really needed to figure it out…it just all clicked right in.

Now all of you that are trying to figure out a great way to help push your site…check out The Leverage Engine Blueprint If I can do it so can you.

It has taken me longer to find good sources for making my mini post than anything. When I want some odd ball (new) stuff, I go to Googles Realtime Results & have found allot of cool sites I did not know about before. I’ve also used Twitter Search & found some constant sources for links.

I know some people are building their Leverage Engine sites using just incoming RSS Feeds…I don’t like that. I want to pick & choose. I also rewrite my mini post since most RSS Feeds put out crap post descriptions. I am using FireScribe to do my post & it works great.
So check out the video & let me know what you think.
Sheryl Loch
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Finally Figured Out a Leverage Engine

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:09 pm

After running my new "leverage engine" "index driver" or what ever it's called, I can say that I love it!

I have several good sources for my key word info. I bring those into my GReader so, I can pick & choose what I post. I still use 1 twitter account to follow leaders in that put out mass links that fit into my niche.
I filter that account to only show tweets with links...I don't really care what else the people post..I just want their links.

Where I have hit the bonus is when there is something to do with my keyphrase that is new big news...I can find a good article, write my mini post, write a killer title, throw in the link to the original article, and grab that search traffic! BAM!

Now since all the post on my index driver are about the same topic, once people get there, they are looking around. I think that is the whole point in the site. That site is building rank & the visitors are following threw the links...I see them hitting our site from the index driver.

I am now thinking of building another leverage engine/index driver for another set of sites.
Once you have sources for your mini post, it takes very little time each day.

I will also continue to use our blog co-op here for my personal blog. At some point I may also bring over the other sites. I'm not sure why more people do not use the blog co-op...it only takes a minute to write a mini post for each article & it does work.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Leverage Engine Guest Post

Postby Brad West » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:41 pm

The index driver we built for our animal sites is incredible. Sheryl and Cait have most of the recent posts. There have been on average about 3 posts a day that have been getting cached now within 5 minutes of the post. If you know anything about cache value this is about as good as you can do. The cool thing about the site Anipal Info it that we have all follow links and help promote many other people right along with our stuff.

We have recently added a button that leads to our Guest Post page. People that realize the value of Guest Posting can now write their thoughts and get a link or two back to their own site as long as there is relevant content.

The Blog Co-Op as Sheryl had mentioned is another great version of an index driver we had built way before we had even heard the term index driver or Leverage engine. By keeping your eyes open for opportunities like this and utilizing them it will totally cut down on your labor to get your site noticed.

I am guessing that only about .001% of the people even have a clue of the power behind Guest Posting especially with follow links. Comments are cool but alternate text in a post is way cooler!
Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:33 pm

I just finished watching the video. Wow, that guy talks fast. I think I understand the basics but I'll have to read the report next. Since I don't see any links to your index drivers I'm assuming they are kept secret to protect the keywords?

Now I'm wondering if those niche AdSense blogs can't double as index drivers as well.

I'm still a little confused about the duplicate content factor, at least in the way the video described. Won't the search engines just skip over or sandbox the duplicate posts?

It's been too long since I've been on the Guild. I'm going to float around a few before reading the report. Good stuff here.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 pm

I DM'd you a link on Twitter to one of our "drivers". It is not as narrowed down for keywords as it should be but, it was out 1st attempt & it is serving a more than duel purpose.

Duplicate content is not a problem. I do not pull in an entire post so, it is somewhat like bookmarking only YOU OWN the site, it is dofollow, & you have complete control & can build links to push it. With a bookmarking site you can build links to your profile but, someone else owns the site & most are limited as to how much text & they are nofollow.

You can do like one of the examples & pull in RSS Feeds, I just like writing my own better. It is more personal & I can tag & use words I want. To many feeds push out shitty text to describe the article. I can also put the link to the post with any alternate text I want & can place it in the middle of my mini post rather than at the top or bottom (like an RSS would).

I just think if you could get bloggers to work together on a driver then it could fly. They would need to write mini post to more than just their own blogs or it would get boring & it wouldn't hold as much authority. That is why I wish more people used the Co-Op here, the more variety of post in a given topic the better.

I have also started pushing more links to the boards here so in turn it passes authority to the links we all have posted here.

Now that I have messed around with Dans driver I am figuring it out & have been making a few changes as to how I am linking, posting, & pushing our sites.

That is why I also wrote about Linking to Your Links. Yep, I am pushing others to push myself. But, all for the good of blogs everywhere. LOL!

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Postby theflyonthewall » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Wow! There is a wealth of information here. Will have to re-read when my eyes aren't tired and my brain is fresh. It does makes sense when reading but darned gotta read again to see if I "actually" understand it :)

I will be back to this page soon :mrgreen:

Tam
theflyonthewall

Postby Brad West » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:36 am

The index driver itself is pretty simple how it works. Basically you are helping others to help yourself, giving to get! There will be and have been people that noticed someone has written a review and linked to their site or article. It feels great when the send you a thank you, but for the most part the linking to will be unnoticed.

The trick is to link out to simular and relevant content, kind of the opposite of one way links back to your site you want them relevant. For some reason linking out to tons of great content has a simular effect on the site the links are coming from. It's kind of like the site is getting credit for being a great news source.

The Blog co-op here is very simular you are posting links from a specific category related to your topic along with other people (of which sadly enough so far we have few) things will change when people figure out we know what the hell we are talking about. Until then what we need to do is form an organized team to work together (I've been saying this for well over three years now and haven't yet been able to accomplish effectively why). Heck the Blog co-op was built before we ever heard of an index driver the label came later.

Off Topic
So here I go again with another attempt at explaining team work relating to index drivers or leverage engines. Brian you have a blog already to go "Hot Blog tips" there is a ton of posting going on about blogging the material is readily available and fairly easy to write a quick review about. By useing Google alerts and collecting the info in your Google reader you have a source to pull from. FireFox ScribeFire is the next tool you need to be efficient. you find something of interest to post about pull up ScribeFire pound out a couple hundred word review, link tag submit. Now Sire must have a neglected site he can turn into a driver also. I know we have a few.

Set up these drivers so that the people in this group could have writable access to them and contribute to building the power and authority of the sites by helping others. What a concept giving to get, I think that is the hardest thing for anyone to under stand about this. To get what you want you must first give people what they want. Yes of course once in a while through a review and link in to your site. Unless you are in the Blog co-op then through all your stuff at it that's what it's for. We have already proven that works and works extremely well.

Lets get organized and do this thing
We have great real time communication with SKYPE
Let's use it!
Brad West
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby theflyonthewall » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:50 pm

I am listening to the leverage blueprint and he talks about the plugin WP-o-Matic. That seems to be a very useful tool and does allow the rewriting of the feeds (If I understand his vid right). It seems to be making sense and I'm learning stuff I didn't know so HI HO, I'm readin' on.

Man I just might be a power linker sometime this year :) hee hee

Oh well that's a bummer, WP-o-Matic does not work for my version of WP, :evil:

Ok shall find another....
theflyonthewall

Tips I am learning about a Leverage Engine

Postby Sheryl Loch » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:34 pm

I have been doing good with our main Index Driver built on a WP platform. No, I still do not really love WordPress like others seem to but, I'm dealing with it.

I happened to have a couple of hints for you...I was saving 1 of them until I saw how it worked but, today I found a post by a real person that backs up one of the things I have been doing so, I will share it as my resource. I normally like the Trial & error method before I say something works but, when someone has done the work....it might save time.

Hint #1. I have been looking for post (articles) that allow trackbacks. When I make a mini post about their article & put in their link, I have a chance to gain a backlink from them. Winner for both of us.
Today I saw Dan Thies tweet out to How To Get Backlinks With Index Driver Sites. This articles says YES to using articles that have trackbacks for the link.

In the comment section of the above post you will see a person saying that using trackbacks is spammy to get links. I call BULSHIT!
If the blog owner does not want to give trackback links they can turn them off or delete them.
The original blog owner gets a free dofollow link from you that you are sharing with all of your readers.
Sharing links for a good cause in NOT spam.

Keep in mind - I do NOT use only tackback links. If I find one that has it fine. I also do not make shitty mini post just for a trackback link. I either like the original post & want to share it or I don't even bother listing it. I want to share good info not just get a trackback.

Just means "My not as stoopid as I may appear". :lol:

These next 2 tips are also getting me recommendations as a person/blog to follow.

Hint #2. If your keyphrase for your index driver is news worthy - This tip put me on the hits list for 2 weeks now.

Take your Key Phrase and phrases that might be a hair broader,
Stick them in Google & search,
Now hit SHOW OPTIONS,
On the side bar click LATEST or LAST 24 HOURS.

KaBoom, you can find fresh in the news hot post to put in your driver.
No, this doesn't always work but, it depends on your search phrase. Bluegreen widgets may not have breaking news on any day. Yet, the Widget industry may have a something as breaking news.

An example - Maybe they are using bluegreen widgets to help combined local list of survivors in Haiti. People will be searching to see what is a bluegreen widget and how they can get one to find their family. If you have written a good mini post then you will get the hits. You also need to lead them by link to a good article telling them the proper info.

My experience is that the local news stations only briefly mention a topic & people hear key words & then start searching for the rest of the info they need about the product/service/uses...

Just make sure that the Hot Breaking News fits your main topic of the Index Driver!

Hint #3 If you are linking to an article of someone on Twitter - send them a tweet saying you loved their post & wanted to share it with your readers.

Most smart people are thrilled & let others know that they have been talked about else where. A few may say you are stealing & not want the Free dofollow link (what idiots). If your Driver site is good info with links to trusted sites & info then anyone not wanting a free link is....ya know.

Ok, now I have shared a few of my top secrets with you. Maybe everyone else already knew them but, just play along with me K?!

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Postby theflyonthewall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Play along hell! I'm paying attention. :) Although, I am still trying to understand the index driver and know it will come in due time, but in the mean time your info will be saved and I can reread as much as I want and it will really be helpful when something clicks in my brain......

I've only used backtracks once i think, should work on that more especially when I find something of value.

And me yup I love WP but some of the cool stuff does take a little learning as all things do.

Tam
theflyonthewall

Next

Return to Marketing Topics