• Advertisement
123inkjets.com - Printer Ink, Toner, & More!

Make Your WordPress Compatible with iPhone iTouch

Discuss how you are making money. How do we optimize our actions and get the most out of what we are doing online information and action.

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm sure you are aware that the world is going mobile.
Are you ready?
How about your blog, is it mobile?
If your blog isn't compatible with iPhones,iTouch....you are getting left in the dark. Yes, the dark being that mobile users can't see it, or they won't see it.

While on Twitter the other night Just Julie sent out a tweet saying that she wished all the blogs she reads had WPtouch.

I went to see what the heck it was, I know so little about Wordpress but, am trying to learn.
WPtouch is a plug in for Wordpress that will reformat your blog for easy reading on iPhone & iTouch.
This plug in does NOT do anything to your blog when read on a regular computer. It only changes the formatting when using the mobile devices.

You should read the post What can WPtouch do for my blog? and also watch the short video.

We installed the plug in on 1 blog to see what happened. It did NOT change any part of my blog when I looked at it on my computer. Everything was just like always...I ask Julie if she could check it on her iPhone to see if it worked to reformat. It did!

With this plug in, even users on the i devices can see your comments, comment luv, categories, tags... it shows your complete blog it just makes it fit the i devise screen better.

I know allot of you run WP blogs, I also know that you want readers...so why not install this free plug in & make sure that people that want to read your blog can do it from anywhere?

Go check it out. It took less time from Brad to install it than it took me to decide on a logo/Gravatar.

Let me know what you think.
[right] [/right]
Sheryl Loch
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Make Your WordPress Compatible with iPhone iTouch

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:50 pm

I have not heard yet about compatibility but, I would think with the release of the new iPad this is a plug in that you may really want to think about.

I still have this plug in on some of our Wordpress blogs & know that if your blog would be easier to read on the iPad if you use this plug in...then it is free & easy to install & may allow your readers to easily access it.

If you have info on if this will even effect iPad users please let me know.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Return to Marketing Topics