Make Business Cards in MS Word

Discuss how you are making money. How do we optimize our actions and get the most out of what we are doing online information and action.

Postby Brad West » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Do You carry Business Cards?
It is always a good idea where ever you go. You never know when you will need to share contact info with people you come in contact with.

If you have a graphics editor you can design a 3.5 X 2 inch image and save it to upload to your word doc. Personally for a free editor I use Paint.net, the design features are basic but being an open source software there are tons of plugins, and can do allot of things Adobe Photoshop can do.

Here is the procedure to prepare your card in MS Word for print, 10 per page.

1.) Set up MS Word for business cards

A.) Open a blank document in Word, choose Tools/Letters and Mailings/Envelopes and Labels. Click the Labels tab and then click Options.

B.) In the Label Options dialog, make sure the drop-down says Avery Standard and then scroll the Product Number down to 5371. Click OK.

C.) Back in the Envelopes and Labels dialog box, make sure under Print, it says full page of the Same Label. Then click New Document. A table appears with a bunch of 2 inch x 3.5 inch cells.

2.) Set up your first card.

A.) Now you can start setting up your first business card. To add your logo, choose Insert/Picture/From File. Find your logo file and insert it.

B.) Now you can add your contact information on the card. If you want to add a tab to move some text over within the table cell, press Ctrl+Tab. (Just pressing tab by itself moves you to the next cell.)

3.) Print and cut
A.) Once you have a card set up the way you like it, click and drag to highlight it. Press Ctrl+C to copy it. Then move to the next cell and press Ctrl+V to paste it in.

B.) If you have the perforated Avery stock, all you have to do is run it through your printer and tear them apart. If you don't have the prefab stuff, you can still do cards on plain old (cheapie) card stock and cut them yourself. I take an emery board to the edges of the stack of perforated cards to dress them up a little. For plain card stock I use a Fiscars cardstock cutter to finish my project.
There you have it! Quick and easy business cards right from Microsoft Word.

Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Marketing Topics