Looking for Images

Discuss how you are making money. How do we optimize our actions and get the most out of what we are doing online information and action.

Looking for Images

Postby Brad West » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:31 am

Allot of times I use piclens on my firefox to find photos and images that I need for a project or post. after I doctor it up most of the time you would never recognize it as the same image. But as far as steeling images that always check the licensing agreement to see if you can even use the image to begin with. This will save allot of hassle in the long run, I have heard some real horror stories.

This site has 40+ sites that you can find what you are looking for 40+ Best Sources To Download High-Quality Royalty Free Stock Images and Photographs

There are actually too many to even start to comment on but the people from instantShift have done a great job. They also have Icons, fonts,wallpaper and such right on their site.

Very cool
Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Looking for Images

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Looking for Images

Postby Brad West » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:48 am

Another great site with Royalty Free pictures.
This site has a bunch of categories and some real cool stuff. Public Domain Image All pictures are explicitly placed in the public domain, free for Commercial or Private use. Great sources just keep popping up everywhere. There is no sense in stealing images any more.

Don't forget there is always Flicker for a quick picture fix Here are a couple posts to information on flicker if you like.
Search For Pictures on Flickr by Color
Flickr Search Tools
Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby davidrle » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:05 am

I need to do a complete image make over of one of my sites. The picture resources you have given here will be of great value to me. Thank you so much. I spent days looking around sites for royality free pictures to find a picture for a construction website I built for a friend and never ran across this site.
davidrle

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:43 pm

You guys may also want to check out the Mourgue Files Free Pictures. They have tons of images that you can download and use on your site for free. You can even crop them right on the site. Heck they even have 132 pictures of forks, 203 road signs, 2,121 men...So they offer a variety of about subject you would want.

You can use them for commercial with no attribution. You can NOT use them as a stand alone. I am betting that you are not allowed to sell them either.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Postby Brian Hawkins » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Nice find Brad. I've been collecting image resources for a blog post. See what happens when we take too long to get it online :lol: Here's the list I have to this point:

freefoto
sxc.hu
morguefile
befunky
weblogcartoons
etc.usf.edu/clipart
imagechef
hubblesite
nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery

Create e-covers : Create a cover for your e-book
ecover.adboardz

www.says-it

Free Graphics
freewebpageheaders

makeagif
gifninja
gifworks
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:19 am

Ok Brian, That's it!
You were holding out on me. I see a site for free pics now & again & think I am doing good. I should have just ask you.

I knew there were lots of places that did offer free pictures, I just never took the time to actually look & now, I don't have to. LOL!

Thanks for the links!
Sheryl Loch

Postby Sheryl Loch » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:49 pm

Public Domain Pictures.net has almost 3,000 free to use pictures! You do not have to register for an account to get pictures.

Pd Photo has a variety of images that are free to use without signing up or being a member! Most pictures are for Public use but, you do need to read under each picture because there are a few that require a link back.

Photo’s 8 offer about 3,000+ pictures that are free to use. The owner states that he is the photographer of about 95% of the pictures on the site. A link back his site is not required but would be appreciated.

Public Domains Photo’s has around 5,000 free to use images. You do not have to sign up for an account or give attribution. Can also be used for commercial sites. They did have some photo’s that I have not seen a lot of.

The images and photos found in this archive come from three main sources: the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS). Each of these sites clearly state that their photos and images are in the public domain and give the conditions for their use. Please read their statements. Gimp Savvy

Finally Creative has a selection of mostly nature pictures. They do not have tons of images but, what they do have are really great.

U.S. Government works are free of copyright (public domain), including all photos or images produced by Federal employees as part of their official duty. This means a wealth of quality work is available free of charge. Dot Gov Watch

Here are a few more to add to the collection. This thread is becoming a great resource for free images!

Sheryl Loch
Sheryl Loch

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:01 am

Well I have found yet another site with Free to Use Images!

Yes, they have a variety of pictures taken by real people.
You do NOT have to join or register.
They do not require a link back, although if you have the chance to give them a thanks, it would be great.
The search by keyword feature is not the greatest so, try simple 1 word searches.
They do have a search by color feature that works good.

So, pop over to UnProfound and take a look, you may just find what you are looking for.

Still not found any?

We also have more free places to find images in the General Free Section of the forum -
Search Google Images with Creative Commons

Oh, that still is not enough?

You might also try looking in the thread Flickr Search Tools

Ok, even more ways to find the perfect image for your blog post Search For Pictures on Flickr by Color

Now if you have a Flicker Account and would like to place a link to it in the Social Networking section we have a Flickr thread set up so we can all find each other Flickr is for Picture Sharing. If you do want to use another members photo's be sure to look at their individual restrictions (Creative Commons). Many will require a link back so, please do so.

Holy Smokes, if I ever hear anyone on this forum say they can not find any place to get pictures....I will ban them for life. :lol:

Sheryl Loch
Sheryl Loch

Postby Brian Hawkins » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:47 pm

You are so competitive Sheryl lol I lost track of the score, who's winning? Here's another point for me passionatephoto
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Found a Free site for Texture Images.
Texture Vault has several categories of images to look through.

You can download what they call Medium Quality for free. There is a $2 or $4 charge for higher quality download.
From what I looked at the medium quality (free) is fine. It would just depend on what you needed the picture for.

The Skin section has some close ups of skin. They have elephant skin, snake, lizard, butterfly... I know I will never get close enough to one of those critters to take a snap shot.

The site does not have a ton of pictures yet. I hope they continue to get more. So, if you do need a high quality texture pic be sure to check them out & pay a couple of bucks to support the members.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Next

Return to Marketing Topics