Is Facebook Screwing Brand Pages

Discuss how you are making money. How do we optimize our actions and get the most out of what we are doing online information and action.

Postby Sheryl Loch » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Oh my! FaceBook Business pages have been all the rage the last couple of years. People sold mass product about how to build your brands Facebook page. Brands moved into facebook by the truckloads, some even went as far as to make their FB page their main connection to the world.

Hmm, are they now regretting that they spent all that time and money to only be sent down the rails?

I guess they haven't really been sent all the way down the tracks…they can always pay to have their updates seen. Heck, some already have so much invested what's a little more, eh?

Take a look at "broken on purpose".

My theory is that Facebook is manipulating pages. While they may say it is for the users so they don't get swamped with ads…why can't the users just UnLike the page if it takes up to much of their stream? If a user is following 100+ pages then they should have expected a LOT of post adding up. If someone follows a page, then didn't they "like" it so they COULD see the updates?

Now that I am seeing so many promoted post in my Facebook stream, shouldn't I have the chance to block those pages. It will keep me from getting pissed off and the brand can stop wasting their money showing crap I don't want.

I seriously strongly dislike facebook and having crap shoved at me is not helping. One of the only reasons I even dealt with FB was because "Brands need to be there". If that is gone then I have no real reason to go back.

What do you think?

Sheryl Loch
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Marketing Topics