Google + Business Pages Are Here

Discuss how you are making money. How do we optimize our actions and get the most out of what we are doing online information and action.

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:57 pm

They're here! Oh not poltergeist (even though I am not ruling them out). I mean the Google + business pages are here.

Yep, we have all held our breath for days, weeks, even years waiting for the new pages. Time spent just waiting for anything that may be better than Facebook business pages. As of right now…I'm not sure if the Google + pages are better but at least they will let you place a YouTube video on them 1st try (unlike FB that has been just posting a link & not the video).

The G+ Business pages also have the Hangout feature which could be very handy for customer service type meetings. In fact I wrote a post over at HotBlog Tips.com Google Plus Hangouts For Business Tips. Yes, we want you to be ready to talk with team members, business partners and customers.

I had been holding off on making any G+ business pages and then well….I needed to reply to a group and that meant I needed to build a page so I could answer. Yes, I am weak. Not only am I weak…I was almost bald by the time I got the "ABOUT" section on the damned thing. Um, I kept getting taken to the About for my personal G+. But never fear, I got er done!

The only one I built was Google + Stuffed Animals. I also placed the G+ badge on the site so the big Goog knows the page is "official". Apparently you will need to be "verified" to be part of the Google Direct. Of course to be part of the + Direct, the algorithm to be included goes with how "popular" your G+ business page is. That could mean that Photogs & geek sites will be the only pages included with the HUGE brands. Some of us "little" people may have a really hard time. I would suggest that when you build your page...you get the badge for your site and try to get all your blog/site buddies to circle your page and comment on some of the pages post. Even then I don't know how much activity is going to be needed to be on the good side of the algorithm.

Anywho…The pages seem ok. I am glad that there are no auto post made to them or they will just be filled with the same stuff as Twitter and FB. I do wish that you could put your Youtube videos under the video tab rather than uploading from your machine or linking them in the general stream. That way all your channel videos would be together and the general stream could be videos you share that are from other people. We will just have to wait and see what they end up doing as they integrate Youtube and G+ a bit more.

So…have you made any pages yet?

If so what do you think of them?
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Google + Business Pages Are Here

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:07 am

Well, since there can only be 1 person with Admin access to a G+ Page, I will not be making business pages for clients yet. I don't want to leave them out of the posting as admin if I make the page under my name & then be stuck.

At some point either when I get a bit more familiar with the system or when the pages allow multiple admins then we can get them set up under their own name.

I also figured out that a Business page can ONLY follow people who follow them 1st. This means pages can NOT go around following everyone in hopes of getting more members. It also means that you can NOT post as the Page on any post (other than your own page) UNLESS the page follows a person. This will cut out on people going around spamming every post they see.

The problem I haven't figured out is how a Page can follow another Page. Since neither page can follow unless followed 1st. Hmmm, guess pages will not be following each other or spamming each other as the page. We will leave the humans (personal accounts) to do the spamming.

I see some page Admins are wondering what to post to draw attention and keep their followers interested. Some are looking to make their pages FUN rather than just post links to their stuff. Sure the FUN part will depend on your business topic...how fun could accounting be? I happen to be lucky and can go the fun route because I have fun sites!

When we get Abbotts Limo a Google + business page there will be a few things we can do since Paul is great at taking pictures of the places they visit. Those pics could be used on the page to encourage site seeing limo rides while staying with the limo service topic.

A few other sites, I am not sure how we will handle yet but I have time to think it over before we get the pages made.

Do you have a "Plan" for your pages yet?

How do you plan to keep people interested while staying on topic and not just posting links to your own stuff?

Or are you just going to post your own links and say screw it?
Sheryl Loch

Postby Isha » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks for all this Sheryl. I ought to be opening my first G+ biz page soon and will jump on your 2 posts above like a fuzzy wuzzy magnet since I've had more *change* recently than I need in my whole life. Count in there Facebook Timeline, trojans, dying TV, a machiavellian peep, and other things that I'd best not mention in public. Bleh.

But like you said elsewhere, it's a new year in a coupladays. Also, now is always the beginning of the rest of one's life. Huray!
Isha

Adding Multiple Admin To Google Plus Pages

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:13 am

Yes, it is a whole new year and just leave all the crappy stuff back in 2011. No need for that stuff in 2012!

They have changed the Google Plus Business pages so you can add more "Managers" or Admin. That is a bonus so the workload can be shared. And because I am so nice...I made a video as to how to add more admin to your page.

Watch on youtube.com

It is easy to do and only takes a minute.
Sheryl Loch

Postby Isha » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:47 pm

Thank you Sheryl!

Since you can't put anyone in your biz page's circles who hasn't circled you first, do you think it really is worth having one? Have you seen any positive action yet with the Fuzzy Wuzzy Anipals page? If I had a biz page, I could have my pet ladybird be an admin*. I also had a moth or 2. And yesterday a big fat bee. Yeah, I could have 4 joint admins.

*Ladybird is the British word for ladybug.
Isha

Return to Marketing Topics