Some Google + (Plus) Help

Discuss how you are making money. How do we optimize our actions and get the most out of what we are doing online information and action.

Re: Some Google + (Plus) Help

Postby Isha » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:18 pm

:) I saw that - thanks my friend. I've also responded to your post about it on Google+. With a link to a thread that contains a second solution.
Isha

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Let me know how the Site search works for people in your area. Not sure about other countries.
Sheryl Loch

Postby Isha » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:51 am

It did get me a few results Sheryl. I got 6 results for the search and I got 14 by using the method described by Garry Knight in this thread:

https://plus.google.com/102606651587789 ... qw15HQBU9N

I know you've read all this already on G+ Sheryl; I thought it might be useful for any readers who are only just joining up to G+.

Update re Google+Facebook extension:
See Damon Lee's first comment (not the post) at
https://plus.google.com/u/0/11840470546 ... orZMCqVgkd
Isha

More on how to search Google + Profiles

Postby Sheryl Loch » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Isha, the link gave me a 404. :cry:

I grabbed the search url code so I didn't have to keep hitting the enter button so fast. LOL

Code: Select all
http://www.google.com/search?q="east+richland+high+school"&hl=en-US&tbs=prfl:e

Now this is a US search I wonder if you could just change it to UK?

I just book marked the link so all I have to do is change the words in the "+" to whatever I am searching for. So far so good.

Damn Isha, we are going to have this thing mastered before they let let the crazies in.
I wonder if I do a search for "asshole", "depressing", "idiot", "mass murder"...if I can find people to block and avoid? Or maybe people won't be listing those things in their profile???? :twisted:

Well, there are a LOT of Assholes in the US -
Code: Select all
http://www.google.com/search?q="asshole"&hl=en-US&tbs=prfl:e

I also found profiles with more "colorful" words that I won't list here. LOL!
Sheryl Loch

Re: More on how to search Google + Profiles

Postby Isha » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm

I guess you get the 404 because he's not in your circles perhaps. And I gave you the wrong name anyways - it should have been Damion Lee. This is what he said:

"Thanks for the link. The Crossfire technology is a little suspect, though thankfully I use Chrome rather than Firefox (hate that browser with a passion - primarily because of things that have been exposed in this), so I could just delete it from the extensions.
Though it is the Crossfire architecture that the guy has an issue with, not so much the Google+Facebook browser extension itself. I'll be investigating further, but I'm not running for the hills just yet."

But I think he may have got that wrong about Chrome, because the warning warned against the Chrome extension too.

I think I'd find it quicker to search the way I've been doing it because I'd take ages looking for where I'd put the code LOL. I have too many different bookmarking choices!

I'm a crazy & I'm already in :P .
Isha

Postby Brad West » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:32 pm

I just saw a post and shared it.
Thus little gem should take allot of questions out of searching on Google+

Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Hanging out on G+

Postby Sheryl Loch » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:05 am

I just went and tried the "Hanging Out" on Google +. It was really great & worked fine.

I didn't have a camera so I just used my mic and my earbuds.

I did find out that if someone doesn't have a cam then of course the person on the other end can't see you but, they also don't get notified of who entered the room so, be sure and tell them who you are especially if they have not spoken to you & wouldn't recognize your voice.
Sheryl Loch

40 Google Plus Tips for Newbies

Postby Brad West » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:57 pm

I just caught a great article by Travis Campbell In my stream on Google+ "40 Google Plus Tips for Newbies" Travis really put some work into this one.

I found the security settings and how to use your toolbar were the parts that caught my interest. Out of 40 things there should be something new for you.

Here is the link to get to Travis's blog Marketing Professor
Brad West
Site Admin

Make your own Google+ Profile Avatar

Postby Brad West » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:20 pm

I found a little something that could be fun. You can easily make a Google+ avatar or FB announcement

Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Isha » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:46 pm

That is cool Brad :)

Anyone tried this extension yet, called G+?
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hobdcnkoip

I don't have access to my Chrome at the moment and can't work out from its description whether it just shows one's Facebook & Twitter streams inside one's own Google+ stream or whether it's opening the floodgates to seeing other people's FB & Twitter posts in Google+. Anyone know?
Isha

PreviousNext

Return to Marketing Topics