Some Google + (Plus) Help

Discuss how you are making money. How do we optimize our actions and get the most out of what we are doing online information and action.

Re: Invite Facebook Friends to Google + with Yahoo Mail

Postby Isha » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Sheryl Loch wrote:If you are looking for a way to invite all of your Facebook friends to Google + you can do it through a Yahoo mail account. Brad tried this and it worked.

Invite your entire Facebook graph into Google Plus

There's now an extension to do that for those of us who don't have Yahoo email accounts:

http://cirbio.com/exodus/
Isha

Re: Invite Facebook Friends to Google + with Yahoo Mail

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Some Google + (Plus) Help

Postby Isha » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Sheryl Loch wrote:Let me know how the Site search works for people in your area. Not sure about other countries.

You've prolly all seen by now this new site, set up especially to find peeps on Google+:

http://www.findpeopleonplus.com/

I tried it for the term "knitting" and it also pulled in people who refer to "knit" and "knits", which is good.

PS Where do I post suggestions for the TIM Guild site? I'd like to be able to click something like a "Thanks" button for individual posts. Not a +1 button or FB Like button, but just something that would show against each post in a thread.
Isha

Google + Search

Postby Brad West » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:20 pm

If you would like to search posts or the content in just Google+ you can do just that if you go here.

The transparency in this community is pretty incredible. I just wonder if some of my private "Limited" posts are showing up in the searches.
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

How to Add Google + to Trunk.ly

Postby Sheryl Loch » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:01 pm

So now you can add your Google + to Trunk.ly!

I knew once you could get an RSS feed from the G+ then we could Get R Done.

Here we go... Create RSS Feed for Google + You are going to use their special URL, along with your Google + user ID Number to create a feed.

Mine looks like
Code: Select all
http://plusfeed.appspot.com/107653058982522781122

Now take your new RSS Feed URL over to Trunk.ly and add it under your Link Resources as an RSS.

The only problem is that Trunk.ly seems to pick up EACH of your post as a link.

Not sure what Trunkly is? See or thread - Who and What is On Trunk.ly?

There ya have it...massive post from G+ will be heading over to your Trunk!
Sheryl Loch

Re: Google + Search

Postby Isha » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Brad West wrote:If you would like to search posts or the content in just Google+ you can do just that if you go here.

I just tried that Brad and it also gets you results for Buzz and Ggl Reader - pretty cool!

:D
Isha

Re: How to Add Google + to Trunk.ly

Postby Isha » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Sheryl Loch wrote:So now you can add your Google + to Trunk.ly! ...
Now take your new RSS Feed URL over to Trunk.ly and add it under your Link Resources as an RSS.
The only problem is that Trunk.ly seems to pick up EACH of your post as a link.

S'ok to pick up each of my Google+ posts as a link, as I got so used to always having a link in Facebook (increasing the chances of FB Friends seeing it) that I've been doing the same for Google+. So trunk.ly is collecting my G+ links for me - nice :)
Isha

Postby Brian Hawkins » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:30 pm

One thing I like about Google+ that's not well known is once you install the app on your phone you can set it to automatically upload the pictures straight into your account. It's not published but it's safe and sound on their server until you decide to publish or delete.

Off Topic
Picture this... Sheryl is watching a Vegas drug bust going down and grabs her phone and starts snapping pictures. She actually get shots of the cops beating the purp to death. The cops then grab Sheryl, very forcefully I might add, confiscate her phone and throw her butt in jail.

In the mean time: Brad logs into her Gmail, publishes the pics for public view. He calls the press and Sheryl is released due to the public outcry and becomes an American hero!

Or... She drops her phone in the toilet and all the pictures are safe on G+ servers. :lol:
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:51 pm

And that is EXACTLY why I don NOT have a cell phone. LOL!

That could be useful if someone did see something or went missing, someone may get info from their pics.

I just wrote about the PHOTO tab on your Google Profile over at Re: Adding Google +1 to Wordpress Blogs
Sheryl Loch

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Thanks, I seen it but once I started looking at my privacy and dashboard I had to start a blog post about it and got distracted.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Cait Hagar » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:28 am

My friend Stephanie from New York and I have just started a music site called My Music Morphine (where music is your drug, baha). We just got the Google + button, and can't wait 'till we start getting some pluses. Only because it makes us look cool. So, if you guys are bored, you should come Google + us, and let me know if you did and I'll return the favor.
Cait Hagar

PreviousNext

Return to Marketing Topics