Some Google + (Plus) Help

Discuss how you are making money. How do we optimize our actions and get the most out of what we are doing online information and action.

Re: Some Google + (Plus) Help

Postby Brad West » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:01 pm

Since they have pretty much opened the gates I'm sure it is a little taxing on the resources I don't care how big you are. It's not just Google + but new Gmail accounts, people importing their FaceBook friends, posting what ever they can think of, there is allot going on I'm sure.

Just think for a minute how much is going on right now with Google + If on a normal day 48 hours of video is being uploaded to YouTube every minute. Just to try and put things into perspective.

It's got to be a major job trying to control the flow into this new social community.
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Invite Facebook Friends to Google + with Yahoo Mail

Postby Sheryl Loch » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:25 pm

If you are looking for a way to invite all of your Facebook friends to Google + you can do it through a Yahoo mail account. Brad tried this and it worked.

Invite your entire Facebook graph into Google Plus

Needless to say that I didn't try it because all of my FB friends are so freakin web savvy, I didn't need to. LOL!
Sheryl Loch

Hiding People You Follow From Public View on Google +

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Thanks to Isha I learned something new today to put in our Google + tips!

Here is a post that will show you how to "HIDE" people you have in Circles or People who have you in circles.

So check out this page for all the info - What do Google execs know about Google+ privacy that you don't?
Sheryl Loch

Google+Facebook

Postby Brad West » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:58 pm

I know that Google+ will have some real cool stuff coming out in the future. Importing your FaceBook stream is a great start. I have installed this app and it works awesome for viewing your FB stream, you still have to go to FB to interact but it's good to have room for improvement. Here is the page to install
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:08 am

It's pretty confusing to me but I can feel your excitement so it must be pretty good. I'll try to take the time to catch up this weekend and get the most from Google+.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Isha » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:05 pm

It is a learning curve. I joined up just over 24 hours ago, and have been getting the hang of the basics, tips & Circles so far.

Anyone who joins up I recommend putting Linda Hartley and Garry Knight into one of their Circles. They've both been putting up tips posts.
Isha

How to Send a Tweet From Google +

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Brian & Isha, there is a bit of a curve but, no more than any other site. Heck, I still can't figure out where stuff is on Facebook....like the list that are suppose to be like the G+ Circles. FB has had them for years but the site is such a cluster that most people can't find them or figure out how to use them.

Brad posted (Google + Facebook) a G+ "add on" that allows you to see your FB stream in G+.
Today I found an Add on that allows you to Tweet from G+ - Google + Tweet.

I think these addons may or may not last as Google (FB or Twitter) would probably be able to block them if they wanted to.

So there ya go...you can now send out a tweet from Google + and see your Facebook Stream in Google +. How much more do you need? :lol:
Sheryl Loch

Postby Isha » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:04 am

I mentioned Brad's discovery of the Facebook+ app on Google+ yesterday. And that Twitter+ app is a real find. Thanks Brad & Sheryl!
Isha

Postby Isha » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:38 pm

!MALICIOUS EXTENSION ALERT!

Google+Facebook extension:

http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comm ... ok/c24mfci

!MALICIOUS EXTENSION ALERT!
Isha

How to find local people on Google +

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Thanks Isha! I saw that & got it off Brads.

I also answer your question as to how to find Local people on Google + --

I saw that +Marysia Kurowski had ask how to find local people on google + Now I can't find where she ask it so I will post here for everyone to see.

The best way I have found to find people who have your city on their G profile map of places lived is--->

site:https://plus.google.com/ "--- Las Vegas, NV" Of course change the city name but you must leave the 3 dashes.

It is not perfect but it is narrowed down from everyone in the world. All of the people in the search results may no longer live in the city you searched but, they have it listed.

So far I can't figure out a way to see where they live now. I tried to get it to work with an area code but got all kinds of crap & most people don't have their phone number listed on their G profile.
Sheryl Loch

PreviousNext

Return to Marketing Topics