Expand Your LAME Vocabulary

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Cait Hagar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:56 am

Ever wanted to have a larger vocabulary? Yeah, you could go look in some old fashioned dictionary and have to flip through the pages… and bleh bleh bleh. How boring. It’s way more exciting to just to Vocabula and find some really cool words there.

All you have to do is go there and look though the list of words (alphabetically placed) and find out some fun words. Right along with the word, it will give you the description, and on some of the words, it even has a little voice recording so you can hear how the word it pronounced.

I love going here and just picking out a random word and calling it my Word Of The Day. I learn it, have to use it at some point in a sentence, and BAM, my microscopic brain and vocab is slightly bigger. YAY!

If you’re lame like me, you will spend hours on this site, reading the words, Googling them, and writing them down on your White Board so you can see it all day.

One word that I learned and thought was cool was “Borborygmus” pronounced “Bor-Bah-Rig-Mus”. It means the sound of air (a fart) moving through your intestines. How cool is THAT?
Go find a word, write it down, learn it, and make yourself use it in a conversation that day. Then post it and tell me what it was.
© 2010 Cait Hagar. All Rights Reserved.
Cait Hagar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Lounge