What was Stimulus Money Spent On

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:41 am

I'm sure you all remember the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act that was for about $862 BILLION US Dollars...it was that Stimulus bill that was going to save jobs...help America recover, blah, blah, blah. That was well over a year ago and as you may know...the unemployment rate is even higher now then it was before the stimulus bill.

Sure, it may have saved some jobs. Who knows, it could be worse, right?!

Apparently some of that stimulus money is doing some wonderful things. In fact Tom Coburn, M.D. (U.S. Senator from Oklahoma) and John McCain (U.S. Senator from Arizona) made a special report to highlight some of those projects.

I don't have any idea how these projects even got approved. I don't know who's jobs they saved either.

Honestly, when I saw some of these mentioned earlier, I thought it was a joke but..Nope. I found them on a .GOV site.

Here is just a few of the stimulating ways that money was spent.

Forest Service to Replace Windows in Visitor Center
Closed in 2007 (Amboy, WA) - $554,763
- Amboy is in Southern Washington and is SMALL. I'm not even sure if it is a real town. We lived down by there and have a friend that is right the dirt road over from Amboy but, I don't think there was enough there to make me think it was a town. I do hope those $500,000+ windows will mean they get a wave of tourist or something to add to their economy.

Abandoned Train Station Converted Into Museum
(Glassboro, NJ) - $1.2 million44
- Oh you have to see the pics of this place. In fact this is the 2nd time it has been redone.

Ants Talk. Taxpayers Listen (San Francisco, CA) - $1.9 million - That is ants, you know those little pest that most of us do everything possible to kill...yes, we spent almost $2 MILLION on pics of "exotic" ants...in other countries...the money was not even kept in the USA!!!!!!!

Old Abandoned Iron Furnace Gets Facelift after Money Squandered on Same Project Years Before (Fitchburg, KY)– $357,710 - They spent $661,000 on this same job in 2004.

Town Replaces New Sidewalks With Newer Sidewalks That Lead to Ditch (Boynton, OK) - $89,298 - 5 years ago the sidewalk was replaced spending $90,000. Yes, the pic shows a wonderful slab of sidewalk...right into nothing. It's like the Sidewalk to Nowhere.

I won't even tell you how much Politicians in Topeka, Kansas spent on THEMSELVES (check page 17 for that...don't have kids in the room..they shouldn't hear those words you are gonna say).

Now keep scrolling after you read about the Topeka politicians...there is a project that actually cost people there jobs. YEAH, just what the stimulus bill was for..right?!

Since Pro Sports Teams are so poor...we also made sure they got in on the stimulus money.

Still not sure if this stimulus money was a grand idea? Well, hell yes it was. We will have people studying Improvised Music for us. Not sure what that is but, I'm sure it is well worth $700,000+.

Helping Siberians Lobby Russian Policymakers (San Francisco, CA) - $199,862 - If Siberians get stimulus money then I want some. But, even worse..it's not just Siberians, nope. We gave money to Weather Predictions on OTHER Planets...the freakin ET's will now be able to plan out their picnic??!! But, let's not stop there. We spent money for people to search Antarctica for space rocks.

This is my absolute FAV! Monkeys on Cocaine. No, we don't have enough drug addicts to know what cocaine does..we need to see what monkeys do. Next stimulus plan will include millions for Monkey Rehab!

Public Relations Firm Wins Big Stimulus Bucks (New York, NY) - $25.8 million No Kidding, they will need a good PR Firm because the public will be pissed that their tax money went to all this shit.

So your not really feeling giggly over all this..no worries. There will soon be a Joke Machine at the small cost of $700,000+ . Now don't you feel better? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

I can save this next one a whole heap of money...Understanding Perceptions of the Economic Stimulus (Dallas, TX & Houston, TX) - $193,956. We are not happy and no the PR Firm can't change our minds. There now give me the $193,000+.
Then again the NIH gets $300,000+ to promote how they spend their stimulus money. Yes, they got like $12 MILLION and want to tell you about it on Facebook.

So how do you like that new iPod that you just got? What, you didn't get one? Hmph, should be a student in Utah..they got $1Million to get iPods. Not real sure how giving kids iPods will produce jobs but, bribing kids is a great way to make sure they understand that you can get everything you want out of other peoples tax money. We also spent money to send 9 kids to China to look at dinosaur eggs. We could have saved 1 part of the stimulus by sending those 9 kids with the "space rock hunters" to Antarctica. Space rocks-dinosaur eggs..all the same thing.

Don't worry, I missed some of the great stuff.
After getting through the list...I got my answer as to if these were real things. There are about 30 pages of reference links.

So pop over to Summertime Blues Report and see if your name is somewhere on the list of people or projects that got stimulus money. Maybe you are entitled to some and just didn't know it.
See, no need for that Joke Machine because I am already LMFAO!

Hurry up and get back to work. We need your tax money to do more great things.
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: What was Stimulus Money Spent On

Postby Brian Hawkins » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm not surprised, no one even reads these bills. The crooked politicians just keep adding crap in for their campaign contributors. Anywhere else it would be called bribery and embezzlement. In Washington it's called politics.

I missed out by not having any close friends that are politicians. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act could have helped me with the greening of my house. I would take solar panels, a windmill and rain water system or the other kind of greening - cash money.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:15 pm

I sure could use some solar panels also. I bet solar panels here could take my electric bill way down.

I saw this article come through Twitter last night at it shows that some of the stimulus money is being "well" spent. LOL!

SPIN METER: What Biden didn't mention on stimulus.

Yes, our tax money is being well spent on scammers, shoddy workmanship, and some of it is not even being spent so, it will likely end up going in some politicians pocket.

If they would have given you or I X amount of dollars for solar panels...we would have spent it wisely on just that. To bad they let the state governments take the money and have control over it. Now it will mostly be wasted and very few real working families will bennifit.
Sheryl Loch

Postby Sheryl Loch » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:57 pm

Today I found a story comparing the price of the War in Iraq to the Stimulus Plan.
Yes, the link goes to a story on FOX News....Fox News sux blah,blah,blah. I've already heard it BUT, FOX News surely did not make up the numbers in the story.

The article says "Congressional Budget Office numbers show that the total cost of the eight-year war was less than the stimulus bill "

You can read the full story at CBO: Eight Years of Iraq War Cost Less Than Stimulus Act

This same article shows the Deficit over the past few years and what the 2010 is estimated to be.

How do we spend so much tax money when there are so many people in the USA that have nothing? Hmmm, with the high unemployment rate, where is the tax money coming from now?
Sheryl Loch

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:24 am

Here is an article about the Bank Bailouts...same thing as "give money to people that blow money".

The vice president of Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway is telling "poor" people to suck it up & they should be thankful for the bank bailouts.

Billionaire Bailout Recipient to America: "Suck It In and Cope, Buddy"

Hellooooo, this guy is a BILLIONAIRE! WTH does he know about sucking it up when you are broke & loosing everything??? But, wait he does know about being poor because his company got $70 BILLION in the bailout!
See he was poor, he was in the welfare line for banks.
Sheryl Loch

Return to Lounge