How Did Thomas Jefferson Know?

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Brad West » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:55 am

"It has been said the greatest volume of sheer brainpower in one place occurred when Jefferson dined alone...." John Kennedy

HOW DID JEFFERSON KNOW??????
Especially read the last quote from1802.

And pass these on to your children and grandchildren!!

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.
Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802
'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered..'

'If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.' -Mark Twain

IN GOD WE TRUST
GOD BLESS AMERICA

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

-Benjamin Franklin

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this:
You cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal,' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery,' and 'Thou Shall
Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians...
It creates a hostile work environment.
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: How Did Thomas Jefferson Know?

Postby Brian Hawkins » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Thomas Jefferson was a brilliant man. When you read what he said over two hundred years ago it's like reading something a very enlightened modern day genius might say. Amazing!

"He who knows best knows how little he knows" - Thomas Jefferson
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Brad West » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:53 pm

I think that Jefferson was aware of the temptations of power and was concerned about Exactly what has happened up to today and will continue to happen unless mindful people take a stand. The greed on every level of society today concerns me when it comes to taking a stand though.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson

I wonder why people of power are not found quoting Thomas Jefferson?
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:50 pm

You might find this of interest about those re-writing history. Near the bottom you will see where they managed to remove Thomas Jefferson from a list of figures whose writings inspired revolutions. It's from back in March: Texas Conservatives Win Curriculum Change
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:27 pm

I remember seeing people post about the Texas history debate. It was also brought up again not long ago when Arizona made changes to their curriculum.

I personally HATED history class...most of it was written by men that wanted to make themselves or their buddies look good.
Sheryl Loch

Return to Lounge