Facebook Connected Profiles

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat May 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Ok, I have been baffled about Facebooks new "You MUST connect yourself to sites or else we give you an empty profile" BS!

You can see what I am talking about at Facebook High Pressure Tactics at Read Write Web

After deciding that I do NOT want connected with my location - Las Vegas. I did not want my face plastered as a "Liker, Fan, Associated With" everything that they may add under the Las Vegas connections. Sorry but I don't think everything in Vegas is great.

I really didn't want to have my face plastered on any Freaking page that I did not personally choose.
You can NOT EDIT your PROFILE until you OK being connected to some BS.

So, I opted to allow to be connected to a book.
Once I said yes - it put my happy lil face associated with their page.
Then I was able to EDIT my PROFILE! I went & deleted that book in my profile. Now, I should not have my face on their page anymore but, I can't even find the *insert cuss words* page!

Now, at least for the moment, I have my "About me" still on my profile. It still shows Fan (Like) Pages that I belonged to by choice (like the SWBN, 8 News Now....) But, these are pages that I picked not the random idiots at FB.

Then again, I'm not real sure that FB isn't still going to put my profile & my face as connected to anyone that pays for it.

I think FB is shooting themselves in the foot.
If I had a FB account (not a page an account) for a business then that would be great to be connected but, it's MY personal account not my business.

Hell, even the evil Google does not force me look as if I support a site, company, business that I do NOT personally choose to.
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Facebook Connected Profiles

Postby Brad West » Sat May 22, 2010 10:40 am

I do agree that the high pressure FaceBook tactics have been tried before many times and as history shows most of the time it backfires. Not so sure if it will on FB though most people don't understand the implications or where they really are for that matter. Just take a look at what happened to Read Write Web back in February. People didn't even know what site they were on, Not just one person lots of people were furious about not being able to login to FaceBook to play their games and didn't even realize that they were on Read Write Web. The sites don't even remotely look similar never mind reading the article that was about some of the important changes FB was doing.

It is an amazing world we live in!
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Re: Facebook Connected Profiles

Postby mandyjune » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:53 am

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, but Facebook has been really annoying as of late because they're changing all these things. I just want my Facebook to stay connected to my colleagues, family, and friends. I don't want to be connected to all these other things, too! Have you noticed that now when you actually "Like" some sort of a fan page they put what type of business it is? Like if you like a Local bakery shop it'll have "Name of bakery shop(local business)" I think that's dumb. Facebook is becoming really impersonal and I hate it.
mandyjune

Return to Lounge