18 Wheelers Helping Find Missing People

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:18 am

Today I found an interesting site.

It is a “truckers” site kind of.
The site is Jason’s Project – helping to find missing people.

The section I was looking at is 18 Wheel Angel Awareness.
They have a list of over 150 missing people. They add a new profile flier each week.
You can go to the site, click on a name & it will open up the printable flier with all the info.

It is hoped that truck drivers will print off a few fliers and put them up in store windows while out doing routes (local or cross country).

I think even church groups, girl scouts, family vacation…could do this as a great project to get the word out about missing people.

I know that if someone I loved was missing I would be grateful to have others help spread their picture & contact info.

So if you are planning on taking a trip, you might just print off a flyer. Heck, you could even just print one off & put it in your car window. You never know who might see it while you are at work or shopping at the store. Your car is going to sit in the parking lot either way…so put it to work.

You can go over and see all the info 18 Wheel Angels
[right] [/right]
Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 18 Wheelers Helping Find Missing People

Postby MissEdie » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 am

This is awesome!
Great Idea.
MissEdie

Postby Brad West » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Years ago My friend Jewel that I grew up with on the east post had her kids kidnapped by her boyfriend who fled to Canada. After many long years they were found just by a situation like this. Apparently a Canadian trucking company took on the task of information distribution.

Getting pictures out to the public does work and there is a huge thanks for those truck drivers that take the time to distribute these fliers. I'm sure when someone gets found from a flier they have posted they never hear a word about it.

We should probably all be doing our part and spreading the word to the truck drivers about this site. There are many great people in this world ready to help others.
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm proud of my Trucking brothers for doing a little good once in a while. As a coincidence, I noticed a printed flier in the back widow of a car yesterday. She was at a stop light and it was a missing person report. I wondered if it was her daughter or something but it could have been from the 18 Wheel Angel Awareness program.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Return to Lounge