Would You Use Blippy?

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Would You Use Blippy?

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Have you seen the new site called Blippy?

I really hope that it is a fake site that someone put up for giggles.
Blippy lets you register a credit card & then will show an update every time you use it. That way people can follow you & see what you bought where & how much you spent.

It is now in Beta but, I still hope it is just a site to have a laugh & not for real.

Just think if Tiger Woods would have had this he may have been a little more cautious of who he bought.

It says that only a few sites like Amazon, iTunes, & Zappos will show up with details but other places you spend will only show the amount spent & the name of the store.

I am going to encourage all of my neighbors to get on this site..That way I will know what they are buying & if they are ordering online...I can watch their mail. If they spend $2000 at Best Buy, then I will know they finally got that new TV they were talking about. Now, where did I leave my ski mask?

It would be a way to have the credit you never use on there & if someone steals it bam...you can trace them.

Or register your husbands credit card & see if he is in Vegas playing golf & buying hookers.

I guess I could sign up, I never shop so it would be boring as ever to follow me.

So, would you ever use a service like Blippy?
[right] [/right]

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Would You Use Blippy?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Would You Use Blippy?

Postby desperado » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:52 pm

Actually sounds kind of fun to me -- maybe discover a new restaurant or gadget that a friend bought.

Just put the private stuff on a different credit card..problem solved, no?
desperado

Postby Sheryl Loch » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi desperado nice to meet you.

I guess I was raised that you do not ask people how much money they spent or what they bought. That has always been something that may be talked about as friends but, if they bought something that great they would likely tell me about it.

Just like your example of a great restaurant, if it's that good then they will mention it, I don't need to see their bill.

I wonder if a program like this will be bad for young people that may feel they "have to keep up with the Jones"? Money is already used as a way to judge peoples worth & I don't think we need to push that.

Just think if Blippy started giving out their own credit cards...this could be great for them. They could charge excessive fees while people bought everything they they could just to try & impress others with their 'Blippy list'.

So no, I don't see the fun in it. I just see Blippy's potential to exploit the information.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Postby theflyonthewall » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Good lord! Just another way for nosy people to invade my privacy. There is no way on this earth would I use something so stupid cause quite frankly my business is no body elses business. If I want them to know what I bought I will tell them, and lately that isn't a whole lot. Oh wait, I just bought this laptop and it cost me $643.00 in case anyone is interested! Hee hee

I have to go check out the site for giggles now.

Tam
theflyonthewall

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:53 am

Tam, I would sign up IF I could have a junk card with endless funds to buy weird stuff & freak people out.

Just think if someone like Micheal Jackson had an account at Blippy...OMG! I would have followed him! Oh, look Mike just bought a giraffe, a 40' wax figure of himself, & a new glitter glove....I must find all of these things for my own collection. :lol:

So, it's great that you got a new laptop...just to bland. I mean, there is no big gossip scandal in that. No wonder we never see you on TMZ, you're to normal. LOL!

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Postby theflyonthewall » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Oh Yeah I am "normal", not a spend freak and have no desire to keep up with the "joneses". But hey I can still brag about my kool laptop :) to all my friends, makes them want one. Funny but I do watch TMZ occasionally, that's my rag mag on TV :D

But I have to agree, if I had an open card to go nuts ohhh that WOULD be fun wouldn't it.

Now go rob that broke bank and be done about it would ya. I want too pay the government more money to bail out the Credit Card companies who are robbing America in broad daylight!

Tam
theflyonthewall

Blippy Shows Credit Card Numbers in Google

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 pm

EEEEK! I saw a news article today that stated Google was publishing Credit Card numbers from Blippy.

They do have screen shots where a person did a refined search and bam...a Blippy members credit card number was right there in the SERP.
You can see the article and the screen shots at WARNING: Blippy User's Debit Card Numbers Still Appearing In Google

Think of how many times you have been warned to shred any receipts that have your number or even a partial number from your debit or credit card. I think having about anyone in the world being able to get your CC number is scary.

They don't say how many members card numbers are showing on Google but, if it was your info then 1 would be to many.
Sheryl Loch

Return to Lounge