Florida Judges & Lawyers on Facebook

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:07 am

I saw on the news this morning that Florida has either passed or is trying to pass so Judges & Lawyers in Florida can NOT friend each other on FaceBook.

Guess when people are shopping for an attorney they go to Facebook & check to see if they are friends with the judges that may hear their case. Florida bar is afraid people will feel that certain lawyers will have pull if they are Facebook friends with judges.

Guess I may have thought about looking at Facebook buddies if I needed a lawyer. Trust me...If I need one before all the states pass something like this...I will be checking.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Florida Judges & Lawyers on Facebook

Postby theflyonthewall » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:41 pm

That made me giggle. Something tells me you won't be needing one anytime soon, unless someone has "wronged" you :mrgreen: Just can't picture you robbing a bank or anything hee hee.

Tam
theflyonthewall

Re: Florida Judges & Lawyers on Facebook

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 am

I see no point in robbing a bank...they are broke. Seems like to much trouble to go in & get a few bucks. Heck, that would give them a reason to file for more tax dollars...I would have to pay more in tax bail out than I probably got during the robbery.

I would say that before choosing a defense attorney, you should check their friends list..if all of their friends have Prison as their home town...I'd look for a different lawyer. :lol:

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Return to Lounge