Will You Pay for Hulu?

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Will You Pay for Hulu?

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:00 am

Oh no!
Hulu is going to start charging in 2010.
From what I have seen people are in an uproar.
Most are going with the ‘not going to pay for a free service’ mentality.

Let’s see, it’s only free because they don’t charge for it!
Yes they do show adverts on the shows you can watch for free. I would have no clue how much Hulu makes for each of those ads but, it must not be enough to pay for employees, bandwidth….

People have paid for cable TV for YEARS so, what is the difference?

No really, I’m asking.
How is paying a possible monthly access fee to watch shows on Hulu any different than paying for cable or satellite TV?

Maybe too many people want everything online to be free?

Could be that like any new idea, people will revolt against it, yell, & scream… Then they find out that if they want the service… They have to pay.

We do occasionally watch Hulu & it will depend on their fee if we will ever pay for it.

You can see one story about the change Hulu to Charge in 2010

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Will You Pay for Hulu?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Will You Pay for Hulu?

Postby Cait Hagar » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:53 am

I don't like that they might be doing that. Because we don't have Cable or Dish. So, sometimes I go to Hulu, why? Because it's free. What is the point in paying for Hulu when you can just pay for Cable, or the other was around?

It's all stupid.

Cait Hagar
Cait Hagar

Postby Brad West » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:56 pm

To have both advertising and charge seems a little extreme to me. But Hulu is there site they can give anything they want a whorl. I have an odd feeling that allot of things may start requiring some cash to use. Hell I don't know too many places that you can get free help any more except here and a few other sites. Try asking a grue a question low end is $1000.oo just for asking, even then it is hit or miss if you get any value from them.

So charging a small fee to view what you want when you want is really not out of line.
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:52 pm

I think it's wrong and I'm not putting up with it! Actually, I'm not sure what Hulu is lol. I've heard of it I think. There's a huge rumor that Facebook is going to start charging but that's just a rumor. I'm with Brad, if it's a site with value and it's worth paying for people will pay. I had to change my Tracker site over to an all paid membership site to stop the abuse and I was being called every name in the book by upset members. I lost over five thousand members and my profit tripled the first month. I hated to do it but the only other alternative was to shut it down. Hulu is probable at a higher scale lol
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Return to Lounge