Borders Bookstores Offer Free WiFi

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:13 am

Borders Bookstores are going to offer free WiFi in about 500 of their stores located in the USA by mid October 2009.

Each time we go into Borders it seems that there are less & less people sitting or browsing the isles. I would bet this is due to more people reading & shopping online.

To many people can find the books they want while sitting in the comfort of their own home. To top it off if you order online the book is then delivered to your door. This beats loading up, burning gas, & fighting traffic to go buy a book at a store.

I personally, still love going to the store. I want to look through the shelves to see what else may interest me.
I also like to find a book & sit down to flip through. I mean, you can't really judge a book by it's cover.

If providing free WiFi will help bring people in or possibly keep customers around...not sure. Borders may have to block the ability to log into Amazon from their store.
Yes, I would be one to find the book I really liked & then want to check prices at other places online. :oops:

I have not found a list of which locations will offer the WiFi but, I will be checking out our local store & see if I notice more people next time we stop in.
[right] [/right]
Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Lounge