WTH is Wolfram?

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

WTH is Wolfram?

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri May 15, 2009 12:45 pm

I have been hearing people talk about the new Wolfram but, had no clue as to what it was. In fact I thought it was just another search engine similar to Google, Yahoo... It's WAY different.

You can put in info & get STATS, graphs, calculations, nutrition info...

Mashable has a short post & a intro video they posted today that has really helped me understand.
The video is 13.5 minutes. I suggest that you watch the entire demo. It starts out really bland, I thought I would have no use for what they were showing but, it gets better so, do watch it all the way through.

Stop over and see for yourself - Wolfram Alpha Video

I will say my High school scores would have been much higher if I had this program to use. Well, at least more of my home work would have been right. ;)

As soon as it launches tonight you can try it out at Wolfram
Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

WTH is Wolfram?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WTH is Wolfram?

Postby Brad West » Sun May 31, 2009 9:08 pm

I watched the video and played with the Wolfram for a while tonight. This is a super complex tool that could have some great uses like computing the pay off on a loan or calculating simple to super complex equations I thought for a while I could be on Numbers figureing out crime probabilities.

There are some limitations like website stats didn't seem to coincide with our Google Analytics stats. But as Wolfram said it is a work in progress. Pretty amazing that someone could have gotten a piece of software to what it does already.

Very cool search tool.
Brad West ~ onomoney
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Return to Lounge