Larry King vs Ashton Kutcher Twitter Wars

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:54 pm

More big TV and Movie names are on Twitter. Seems like they have just now found away to talk to their fans and not be able to really mess much up since they only get 140 characters. LOL!

I could rant on about a few of the ‘superstar’ twitter accounts but, I’ll do that another day.

Today I see the big news is Ashton Kutcher and Larry King in a race to get a million followers. I am guessing that Ashton picked Larry King (CNN) because he figured who would follow a REALLY OLD news guy. I would think he would have had more fun going up against someone like Snoop Dog – Rappers vs Pretty Boys!

After hearing what Larry King had to say to Ashton on YouTube, I now think it is super funny. Larry is ready to put the ‘take down’ on the Kutcher party. He feels assured that CNN can reach a million followers before Ashton. I think the funny part is Larry seems to have no clue as to Tweeting on Twitter but, he will ‘Defeat You!”.
Check out Larry King vs Ashton Kutcher YouTube

Personally, I will not likely follow either one of them. I also believe that the fans of Ashton Kutcher will be more likely to make fake accounts just so he is not shamed by a REALLY OLD guy.

Do you follow Ashton or Larry King?

Live Ashton vs CNN see the live race between them. They are down to under 10,000 needed for the win!

Sheryl Loch
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Larry King vs Ashton Kutcher Twitter Wars

Postby Sheryl Loch » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Well, we now have Twitter being invaded by Oprah!

On Friday Ashton Kutcher and Twitter CEO Evan Williams will be on Oprah when she sends her first tweet!

Twitter has also made it so you can not unfollow either CNN or Ashton Kutcher until the race is over. Although some think it is so, Ashton can reveal that he has 1 million followers during the Oprah show others feel it because there is a hefty prize that will be given to Ashtons 1 millionth follower.

This race is a win for the service that helps stop the spread of malaria in Africa because both CNN and Kutcher have stated they will donate bed nets. Now, Kutcher said he will donate the bed nets if he wins whereas CNN will make the donation win or lose. I'm pretty sure Ashton will also make the donation even if he looses (otherwise he'd look like an arse).

I am wondering if Oprah can get 1 million followers without any gimmicks or games. This could mean that every woman in the world will now be on Twitter just so they can follow Oprah.

I still am not following either CNN or Ashton, I don't watch CNN and I really only know Kutcher from when he was on 'That 70's Show' (I love that show).

Gosh, I hope I am up in the morning so, I can see the Oprah show. I wonder if Ashton will jump on the couch and take the place of that irritating tape of Tom Cruise?

Sheryl

PS. If you are logged in, you will see my twitter under my picture - I set a goal to reach ALMOST a million followers. Ok, I was thinking of getting to like 1000. LOL!
Sheryl Loch

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:01 am

It is done!

At around 11:15 pm PST Ashton Kutcher went on Ustream Live to announce his win over CNN! During his broadcast he did give atta boy's to Larry King and Ted Turner for their valiant effort.

Cait and I popped over to see him for a few minutes while he was on Ustream as he wore a plastic looking white hat and having a toast to his followers.

Now the Twitter talk is over how fast Oprah will get a million followers on Twitter. She already has 61,000+ followers and she has not even sent out a tweet! You can find Oprah on Twitter

Some GUYS have been sending out tweets thinking that Oprah will bring in to many middle aged women and twitter will now be full of 'girlfriend'.

Lets be real guys - There are men that watch Oprah! She has been an inspiration to thousands of people.
One fellow even tweeted that he feels she will ruin lives because women Idolize her as a false God. I think he might just be a bit jealous. I agree that there will be allot of Oprah's fans that sign up for Twitter just because she is there but, I don't think they will ruin your Tweet stream since you have the option to follow them or not. I bet those gals are not going to join Twitter just so they can follow everyone and turn them all into Oprah worshipers. ;)

So there ya have it girlfriend! (just practicing for my tweets to Oprah)

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Postby Sheryl Loch » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:05 am

I was a bit surprised when I checked in the Google Analytics that we were getting incoming searches for 'King vs Kutcher' .

I popped the term into Google and holy cow - there it was, my post here on The Internet Marketers Guild! Then after thinking about it - what if they see my post where I say I will not follow either one of them? I even call Ashton a 'pretty boy' and refer to Larry King as a 'really old guy'.

That's it, my hopes of being a mega superstar are over! Larry and Ashton will blackball me on Twitter, the Emmey's, the Oscar's, and I'll never get slimed at the Kids Choice Awards! My only hope now is to Kiss Oprah butt and get her to have me on her show or at least give me a car. ;)

ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 17 04.25.gif

Sheryl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sheryl Loch

Postby Sheryl Loch » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Well the rumor has it that all of the Ashton vs CNN was a Twitter Punked!

Different areas across the USA had reported seeing billboards telling passerby's to follow Ashton on Twitter. These billboards were donated by LaMar as part of the ultimate PR plan.

With the 'extra' advertising & the fact that Ashton Kutcher already had plans to be on the Oprah show to be with her as she started Twitter, the inability to unfollow... - some Twitter users feel as if they were duped. Ummm, how can they feel mad when these are mostly the same people that followed and tweeted about the whole CNN vs Kutcher? No one made anyone follow these people.

I figure that CNN, Kutcher, and Oprah all made donations of Bed Nets to stop the spread of malaria in Africa, so good things came out of it.

Last night I listened to some guy have a fit on Ustream that Oprah has ruined Twitter - let me say this again!
Her old lady followers do NOT want to follow you, nor do they want you to follow them. They will not harm your freaking twitter stream.
He also suggested that Twitter make more rules so celebrities can not gain an extraordinary amount of followers.
Excuse me - If you want a site that you have control over who joins, what they can say, how many people can follow... then make your own site!

I personally like the diversity! I do not want to limit my access to just spammers, bots, and freak geeks! If you don't want to hear what someone says then DON'T follow them - it's really that simple!!

Ok, rant over,
Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Postby Sheryl Loch » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:48 am

Looks like the Oprah thrill is not what I expected! She is yet to reach a million followers on Twitter. Glad i did not place any money on that bet!

I have also decided that I am not going to be kissing the big O's butt. No, she is just not keeping up. I mean why follow Oprah when The Ellen Show has her beat with 1,218,798 followers.

Geesh O catch up!

Now it seems that some people are a bit upset because new members to Twitter get shown a list of the 'top 100' people you may want to follow. Yes, it is at least 1/2 celebrities. Many of the others are also people that will never have a conversation with you.

This doesn't bother me that I am not on the Twitter suggested list. I mean heck, I have nothing important to say. Then again that means that I set the bar pretty low for new users tweets. Oh yes, they will not feel intimidated by following me & I may even follow them back.

But seriously, the only problem I see with new users coming in and following some of the Big names is that they will not take the time to feel part of the community before they get tired of the broadcasting and not figure out how fun it is to interact with the other users. I do hope some of the new people that are only joining to be connected to a celebrity do find their way around to some people that will chat with them.

Ok, now I am off to find some more followers - the dog is only 20 away from having more followers than me.

Sheryl
Sheryl Loch

Return to Lounge