Urgent - you might want to do this before March 1st

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Isha » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:45 pm

We (and our customers) have just 2-3 days to avoid this Google fandango:

"once Google's new unified privacy policy takes effect all data already collected about you, including search queries, sites visited, age, gender and location will be gathered and assigned to your online identity represented by your Gmail and YouTube accounts. After the policy takes effect you are not allowed to opt out without abandoning Google altogether. But now before the policy takes effect, you have the option of deleting your Google Web History by modifying your settings so that Google is unable to associate data collected about you with your Gmail or YouTube accounts.

Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF): "Search data can reveal particularly sensitive information about you, including facts about your location, interests, age, sexual orientation, religion, health concerns, and more."

This page tells you more about it and what to do:

Isha

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Urgent - you might want to do this before March 1st

Postby Brad West » Tue May 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Sorry I didn't get back to respond...... but way back when you posted this I went and cleaned up all my accounts. It seemed to have worked but I still think Google has all that info archived somewhere anyway. It's just the way of the world today. Not that I was actually hiding anything but if searches are determined by my Google actions may as well start with some clean info.

Thanks for the post though!
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Return to Lounge