New Interview with Julian Assange Wikileaks Founder

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Tue May 03, 2011 2:33 am

Today i found a site that has a brand new interview with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange. He goes into a variety of topics including Google, Yahoo, Facebook, the Guantanamo Bay detention camp, how the media is used to talk people into war...

The video interview is a little over 13 minutes. I have to say that he brings up some good points. Of course, I tend to find him a bit fascinating. I like when people question the "norm". It makes people think. Even if someone thinks he is the evil that is putting lives in danger...he is at least making them think. They may not accept what he says but, at some point he (or someone like him) will say pose a question that they can't ignore. If we all just go along and never question anything big corporations or the Government does, we will be in a heap of shit.

So go over to the article titled Wikileaks Founder, FaceBook is the Most Appalling Spy Machine That Has Ever Been Invented. Dang, that title should get your attention. Especially since we know that FaceBook would never spy or share any of your info...

So what do you think? Is he really someone that USA should spend masses of time and money on to bring back for charges? Or is he doing people a service by getting people to think and take notice?
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: New Interview with Julian Assange Wikileaks Founder

Postby Isha » Thu May 12, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm so with you on this one Sheryl. Fascinating interview (as well as he being fascinating).

No, I don't think USA should spend a load to bring charges, but his words about FB giving US such a good opportunity to spy using FB provides another good reason (on top of any previous ones) why they've been ganging for him.

Personally, I think Wikileaks is a wonderful organisation providing a great service!

I can't see USA being able to extradite him at all. He's not a citizen of the USA and as far as I know wasn't in the USA when any of the leaks were leaked :P
Isha

Re: New Interview with Julian Assange Wikileaks Founder

Postby Brian Hawkins » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:06 am

Assange said Facebook is the most appalling spying machine ever invented. Facebook, Google and Yahoo all have built-in interfaces for US Intelligence to use. There’s nothing new or shocking about that but it certainly warrants reminders every now and then.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Return to Lounge