Find Earthquakes In Your Area

Politics, Health, Games, Vacations, or have you heard some news to share? Do you have an issue with a public figure? The subjects are endless this is the place to throw them on the table!

Postby Sheryl Loch » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:44 pm

I know that there are all kinds of natural disasters around the world that we never even know about (Unless they are huge). Heck, there are some that are potential disasters right near us and we may not even know. Like me, I just found out there have been several small earthquakes not far from us and I had no idea. That is until they mentioned it on the news. (I never watch the news...I saw the mention on the news Facebook page).

Anyway, they had a link to a USGS Earthquake site that shows even some of the smaller quakes that people may not really feel from any distance away.

I figure that there is nothing I can do to stop a quake...I may not even have any warning but, I like to know what is going on. See, I am waiting for California to shake off into the ocean so, I can have beach front property. :lol:

Anyway, I thought I would put the link here so if anyone else would like to check it out...maybe you weren't going nuts...the earth was shaking??!!
Sheryl Loch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Find Earthquakes In Your Area

Postby Brian Hawkins » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:50 pm

It's not showing anything in Michigan but Alaska is loaded with earthquakes. It's showing some pretty big ones too. We don't hear too much about Alaska round here but that's a lot of quakes.
Blogging tips to help you build, promote and make money from your blog.
HotBlogTips.com
Weekly Blogging Tips by expert bloggers in the Hot Blog Tips Newsletter.
Brian Hawkins
Site Admin

Re: Find Earthquakes In Your Area

Postby Brad West » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:01 pm

I hadn't spent much time on the earthquake site until just now there is a lot of stuff on there. I particularly like the Seismogram Displays section. You can see movement being recorded in real time.

I particularly like the area in southern Colorado and Utah, Northern Arizona and new Mexico where it looks like cross-hairs on the map. That looks like it's pretty earthquake quiet, I want the piece of property that includes all 4 states. If I did I could choose to use the best laws in each state to take advantage of and use them to my advantage. Sounds liker a political move doesn't it.

Pretty awesome site it stimulates my thoughts and questions, I like that!
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
Brad West
Site Admin

Return to Lounge